• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zootroy
    Established Member
    • Oct 2005
    • Coeur D\'Alene, Idaho.

Well,

I went under the laser yesterday. In short, it is amazing.
    The entire visit took about 3 hrs. I met with three different doctors who performed a series of tests and explained everything to me in great detail. This really helped to calm my nerves. The procedure itself took less than five minutes for both eyes. I had 20/400 vision before I walked into the room, and five minutes later I stood up and could read an eye chart across the room. I have a follow-up visit this morning. I will be driving myself, without glasses!

So far, double thumbs up!

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

LASIK over 6 years ago. $999 per eye, which was a killer deal at the time. Had it done in Raleigh when I lived there. I had a lot of problems in the beginning due to an underlying eye problem that was not diagnosed by the eye Dr. I had/have corneal dystrophy (Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy). This creates recurrent coneal erosions when there is trauma to the eye. LASIK is pretty much trama to the eye! The recurrent erosions were eventually treated and everything is pretty much fine now. 15/20 vision still 6 years later. I am real happy with it, even with the problems I had. Just make sure they check your eye health out and if there is anyway to check for corneal dystrophy (Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy).
      As far as the glasses I use now, I have have to agree scorrpio that the cheapo wrap around, close fitting glasses are best for me now. The larger, boxier tend to fog more and distort my vision a little. I have had no problems with the $5 close fitting glasses from HD.

Comment

Working...