What do you guys think about lithium batteries for drills (Makita BDF452HW)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peel
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Saint Louis, MO
    • BT3000

If I were buying new tools right now I think I'd go Rigid all the way. Their new 24V system is awesome. Not only are the using 24V Li batteries that weigh as much as Dewalt's 18V NiCads, but they're offering a lifetime warranty on the tool AND the battery. Never having to buy batteries again seems like a swell idea to me. The only downside is that they're still pretty new and therefore there's not as large of a selection of tools out as Dewalt or Ryobi.

Oh and one other little feature they have, a charge indicator on each battery. Cool!

Comment

• bthere
      Established Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Alpharetta, GA

Originally posted by peel
      If I were buying new tools right now I think I'd go Rigid all the way. Their new 24V system is awesome. Not only are the using 24V Li batteries that weigh as much as Dewalt's 18V NiCads, but they're offering a lifetime warranty on the tool AND the battery. Never having to buy batteries again seems like a swell idea to me. The only downside is that they're still pretty new and therefore there's not as large of a selection of tools out as Dewalt or Ryobi.

Oh and one other little feature they have, a charge indicator on each battery. Cool!
      I started with Makita many years ago on their 9.6V tools. When that died, I happened on a deal for the Ridgid 18V tools (before the lifetime warranty deal), and I love them. What is a really cool bonus for their new 24V Li stuff is that it will use my old 18V batteries. It will also use the lighter 18V Lithium ion batteries when they are released. And, of course, the lifetime warranty is great. So, for me, it looks like Ridgid is where I'll be for a while.

Comment

Working...