• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Air cleaner filter

I have a Delta air cleaner, the model before they went to the 2-speed one that hangs from the ceiling.

It uses 12x24 filters (or so I thought) and I thought it about time (again) that I replaced the outer filter (standard furnace filter) which prefilters the inner pocket filter.

(see attachment of old vs. new if you don't believe they actually work)

I measured the one I had on there (some original Delta filters)
    and it was approx 11.5" x 23.5", I figured this was a standard 12x24 filter.
    Turns out the one I bought was 23-5/8 X 11-7/8" and it was about 1/4" too tall to go into the opening. I had to do some fancy work with my swiss army knife and a roll of masking tape to rebuild one side of it and make it fit. Lots of hot melt glue was used in the construction of the original.

So, are these non-standard sized filters in the Delta or did I just get an odd one?

To answer my own question, I must have got an odd one. A quick search on the net finds one furnace filter mfr says his are 3/8" less than the even inch dimension they are sold as, and another mfr. says his are 1/4 to 1/2" smaller than the even inch dimensions given. I think those would fit my Air Cleaner.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-03-2007, 01:18 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

My Jet air cleaner filter is also 12x24. I didn't measure the actual size of the
    filter, though. My local HD doesn't carry this size, though. I was thinking of
    cramming two 12x12s into that space.

Comment

• MBG
      • Apr 2003
      • Chicago, Illinois.
      • Craftsman 21829

I also have the Jet and it does take 12x24 filters. I can find them once in a while at Menards.

Comment

Working...