• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Craftsman/Bosch 1618 and PC690 questions

How much should I ask for a used pc690? I was going to give it to my father (post: A good problem to have), but I was over there the other night, and saw ALL KINDS of bushings and other goodies, that he bought over the years for various projects, all for his Craftsman 1970 router (3/4 HP I think). I stopped at the CC sale today, and said WTH, it's dad. So I bought the Craftsman one (second question, told it had a different plate, hoping it's the standard Craftsman pattern).

Supposed to be my day off, but I have been running for work. Now back home and got a call, and gotta run again.
    No time to play today.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

thats a tough question.
    How used?
    How many bases? Just the fixed base?
    Both collets?
    How old is it - they've been making a number of improvements in the last 3 years to try and keep up with Bosch and ride that famous model number a little longer even with the new 89x series. The newest ones have the lever release (instead of thumbscrew) and a rocker switch (instead of the old toggle switch) I think.

Up to date 690 LR with fixed base goes for $120-$140 according to Froogle. The bargain hunter will start at $120 for new. Take off 33% for being used.
    Subtract for age, use and lack of the latest features, add back some for being a "Industry standard Porter Cable 690 Router" (I think the names worth something). I'd guess $80-85 if not the latest but in pretty good shape and then subtract from there for wear and tear and missing parts.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Woodcraft currently has the PC690LR on sale for $109.99 with free shipping on any order placed by 11/29/06. If you can wait a little bit and have a Woodcraft store in your area, they are having an instore 1 day sale on Dec 9 on the 690LR for $98.99.

Comment

Working...