• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpauly
    Established Member
    • Apr 2006
    • NJ

Tool Gloat - Husky Pro Tool Boxes

While I was at HD last night picking up my herc-u-lift for $14.70, I saw a set of tool boxes that they had marked down. They were closing soon and I had my sedan with me (no way to get it home), so I passed on it. Went home and tried to figure out which set was on sale and it turned out to be their pro series ball bearing 41"-13 drawer main box and the matching 5 drawer side cabinet, both in black. The combo retails on the HD website for $589+$199=$788.

I woke up real early this morning and got to HD shortly after it opened. Rolled the boxes to the check out and gladly paid the sum of.....you ready for this.....$149.99. The side cabinet was a little scratched and missing the keys, so is suspect the low price was supposed to be just for the side cabinet, but the clearance sticker was on the main cabinet, so........

Seems like a really nice set. Anyone know how to get a set of key for the side box?

I think I need to stop spending money now.

Michael
  • tuttlejr
    Established Member
    • Aug 2003
    • LAKEWAY, TX, USA.

Remove the lock and take it to a locksmith. Or, buy a new lock w/keys.
    Bob Tuttle

Comment

• vaking
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2005
      • Montclair, NJ, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100-1

I don't know about this specific toolbox but in many similar situations the easiest way to get the key - read numbers off the front of the lock and contact the manufacturer. The manufacturer can send you the fitting key for small money.
      Alex V

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Most tool box manufacturers randomly assign keys to tool boxes since to coordinate them is a pain. So you will have two sets of keys if you use the current set of locks even if you get a set of keys.

To satisfy the picky clients most manufacturers offer a optional set of locks and keys - sometimes 2 or three locks per set, all keyed alike. THat sure beats the fumbling with three possible keys.

Anyway, I'm going to hazard my guess and say that most lcok sets are going to fit the same holes - so a Craftsman will fit a Husky or whatever.
        Go by any Sears store and look to see if they have these key sets and if they'll fit.
        Here's the lock set (of three):

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

model #65587

Anyway good deal on the boxes.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...