X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cody Carse
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • Canal Winchester, OH
    • Soon to be a proud owner of a brand new BT3100!!!

Tool Gloat!

So, my dad was at a birthday party for an 8 year old Saturday and saw a buddy of his whom he hasn't seen in years. This buddy told my dad he had some "foreign, cheap" planer that he needed to get rid of. Dad has a grizzly 15" but he knew I needed one. We went over to the buddie's house last night and come to find out it was a Ryobi AP10 planer. It's in pretty good condition. No manual or blade guides though. He just wanted to give it to us but I couldn't not give him anything so he said "Just give me a 20 then." I said "Deal!" So.. I have been reading some of the old discussions about this planer and noticed that someone had posted that www.m-and-d.com has the blade guide for sale. Just wondering if anyone had ordered from this place before and if they're a reputable place. Also, just any general information about the planer that might be useful. Thanks.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Cody Carse
    So, my dad was at a birthday party for an 8 year old Saturday and saw a buddy of his whom he hasn't seen in years. This buddy told my dad he had some "foreign, cheap" planer that he needed to get rid of. Dad has a grizzly 15" but he knew I needed one. We went over to the buddie's house last night and come to find out it was a Ryobi AP10 planer. It's in pretty good condition. No manual or blade guides though. He just wanted to give it to us but I couldn't not give him anything so he said "Just give me a 20 then." I said "Deal!" So.. I have been reading some of the old discussions about this planer and noticed that someone had posted that www.m-and-d.com has the blade guide for sale. Just wondering if anyone had ordered from this place before and if they're a reputable place. Also, just any general information about the planer that might be useful. Thanks.
    I haven't personally used them but I've seen positve posts and no negative posts about them for supplying replacement parts for BT3100s.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• drumpriest
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
      • Powermatic PM 2000

Good score, congradulations. A 10" planer is a pretty useful 20$ purchase.
      Keith Z. Leonard
      Go Steelers!

Comment

Working...