• Show
Clear All
  • Ishmel
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2005
    • St. Cloud, MN.

MSUV planer stand?

Hello Everyone,

What do y'all think of using an MSUV as a planer stand? I was adding in my head the cost of a couple roller stands, a leg set, and a mobile base, and it looks like I can save some money buying another MSUV and mounting my planer to it. Can anyone talk me out of, or into it?
  • Thalermade
    • Dec 2002
    • Ohio
    • BT 3000

Originally posted by Ishmel
    Hello Everyone,

What do y'all think of using an MSUV as a planer stand? I was adding in my head the cost of a couple roller stands, a leg set, and a mobile base, and it looks like I can save some money buying another MSUV and mounting my planer to it. Can anyone talk me out of, or into it?
    I think it is a great idea. I have my Ridgid planer mounted on my MS.... make that PUV. I positioned the planer and then drilled new holes in the UV to mount.
    It works very well.

LinuxRandal had the thought of using it for more than one tool, then mount each item on a piece of wood and drill holes accordingly.

Russ

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

the main difference is
      MS: wood doesn't move
      Planer: wood moves.

So plan accordingly
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Ishmel
        Forum Newbie
        • May 2005
        • St. Cloud, MN.

Thanks for the good posts, as always. I posted this at w**dn*t as well and got this very cool link in one of the responses.

http://christophermerrill.net/ww/pla...l_Stand_5.html

It's basically a "do everything" workbench. It has a router table, mitersaw, planer, downdraft sanding table, etc. Very cool, and on my project list.

Comment

Working...