X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnesmith
    • Jan 2003
    • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

I would call a DC quiet. At least compared to a Shop Vac or any power tool spinning a cutter.
    John

Comment

• gerti
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
      • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

I measured some of my tools a while ago, and my numbers were quite a bit different than Lorings:

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=8550

Gerd

Comment

• BizCoach
        Forum Newbie
        • Jul 2004
        • Milford, CT.

A trade show is a different environment - a large cavernous building with lots of background noise. That might contribute to a different perception of what sound level a certain machine is making.

Also I've seen show demos use a FEIN vac for dust collection and they were pretty quiet - or seemed so in that setting.
        www.CEOBootCamp.com
        Tools to help you run your business better

Comment

• jabe
          • Apr 2006
          • Hilo, Hawaii
          • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

DC systems

Aloha,

I was searching for a DC cyclone system on the web and found clearvuecyclone.com, their research & data looked interesting. Anyway, I bought their mini cyclone and is presently waiting for it to arrive. If it works well, I'll be purchasing a full size unit from them when I build my new shop next year. I'll post my review after testing the mini cyclone.

Jimmy

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=17990

I have no problem running the DC and not using ear muffs, but I always use the muffs when running the TS

And as others say, I find the shop vac much louder than the dc, moreso than the numbers say, because of the shrill character of the shop vac.

Just a good low rumble from the DC.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
              • Dec 2005
              • Russell, NY, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Since hearing loss is progressive (that is the louder the noise, the longer you listen, the more pronounced the hearing loss will be) I always wear ear muffs when ever I run anything louder than my DP. Use them even with the BS, as it makes a very high pitched whine. I have got to the point where its like seat belts, put'em on almost automatically. Like your eyeballs, ears are really important, how else are you going to hear LOYL saying; "You bought WHAT!" HaHa.
              RuffSawn
              Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

Working...