• Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

2006 Ryobi Power Tool Catalog

I just returned from the local HD with the subject tool catalog. Is this a first for Ryobi or have they done this before?

First thing I looked for was the BT3100 or its successor and unfortunately, there was NO mention of it in the catalog. They show and give brief descriptions of all of the current line of tools including the new AP1301 planer, and the DP102L and DP121L Drill Presses. But, the only table saws included are the BTS10, 15, and 20R! So, either the BT3K series is gone or they didn't have enough data available to announce a newer version. I sure hope this isn't as apparent as it seems to be. If so, the BT3K series, as we know it, will be sadly missed.

My local HD had only a few (like maybe two dozen) of these catalogs scattered over the benchtop tool display area, so I imagine they are in short supply.

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by cwsmith
    I just returned from the local HD with the subject tool catalog. Is this a first for Ryobi or have they done this before?

First thing I looked for was the BT3100 or its successor and unfortunately, there was NO mention of it in the catalog. They show and give brief descriptions of all of the current line of tools including the new AP1301 planer, and the DP102L and DP121L Drill Presses. But, the only table saws included are the BTS10, 15, and 20R! So, either the BT3K series is gone or they didn't have enough data available to announce a newer version. I sure hope this isn't as apparent as it seems to be. If so, the BT3K series, as we know it, will be sadly missed.

My local HD had only a few (like maybe two dozen) of these catalogs scattered over the benchtop tool display area, so I imagine they are in short supply.

CWS
    Always seemed like Ryobi was doing tools in batches, they'd make one enormous run of some tool and sell those like crazy, then clear them out never to be seen again. As if a single run was cheaper than sustained production (which it probably is).

The BT3000 and the 3100 are/were exceptions, they lasted many years.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• WayneJ
      • Jan 2004
      • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

I noticeed a Ryobi lawn tractorThe other day in my local HD. Must be the MTD connection
      Wayne J

Comment

Working...