• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mburdette
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2004
    • Little Rock

Delta drill press switch

The on/off switch on my Delta 10" drill press is dead (model 11-980 if I'm remembering correctly). I've found a couple of resources that carry the replacement - but I thought I'd ask here for recommendations for a site that sells replacement parts.

Thanks. I appreciate any input.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by mburdette
    The on/off switch on my Delta 10" drill press is dead (model 11-980 if I'm remembering correctly). I've found a couple of resources that carry the replacement - but I thought I'd ask here for recommendations for a site that sells replacement parts.

Thanks. I appreciate any input.
    My 12" delta DP switch died recently. Probably the same switch.
    I ordered one through the delta/dewalt web pages and it cost a bit - like $20 or more incl shipping. Meanwhile I took apart the old switch and the rocker just fell off the fulcrum, I was able to put it back together and use it.

I'd recommend you disassemble the old switch and see if it can be salvaged, probably it can.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jarhead
      • May 2004
      • Boynton Beach, FL.

I also just had the switch replaced (under warranty) on my Delta DP-350.

Comment

• jarhead
        • May 2004
        • Boynton Beach, FL.

Just a few months ago I had the switch replaced under warranty and it just died again . I'll be calling the same place that replaced it the first time come Monday. If the switch failed twice already, it's only a matter of time before it fails again - must be a design issue. Once the switch is replaced, it's decission making time. Do I sell this boat anchor and buy something more reliable (HF ) or keep it and pray that 3rd time is a charm.

Comment

• vinht
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • North Andover, MA, USA.

Originally posted by jarhead
          I also just had the switch replaced (under warranty) on my Delta DP-350.
          My DP350 just died on me too. Called Delta last week only to find out the switch is on back order and won't be arriving until early to mid-June.

Jarhead - How did you know it was the switch and not the motor? Mine makes a humming noise when I turn it on but nothing works except the light.

Also, anyone know how to prove warranty status if you misplaced the sales receipt?

Thanks,
          Vinh
          A Woodworker\'s Journey
          http://vinht.home.comcast.net

Comment

• jarhead
            • May 2004
            • Boynton Beach, FL.

Originally posted by vinht
            How did you know it was the switch and not the motor? Mine makes a humming noise when I turn it on but nothing works except the light.
            Vinh,
            It's obvious that the switch sucks on these units. The first time the DP died, I took it for warranty repair and it turned out to be the switch. Only the light worked and there was no humming noise. The same thing is happening now.
            You may want to read the reviews on Amazon - this DP also has pulley problems.

If you lost the sales receipt, it may be tough proving the purchase date. Did you register it with Delta?

Found some interesting reading. I wonder if that Philmore 30-866 switch really fits.
            Last edited by jarhead; 05-22-2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...