• Show
Clear All
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by drunkcat
    I was curious if the Milwaukee gave the 1590 any competition!?!

Scott
    Drunkcat, you have mail.

Re: the milwaukee. They said it fell just short of the top too. Vibration was a little too high for the review.

They tested the Freud, Milwaukee, Grizzly, Festool, Ryobi, Hitachi, Hilti, DeWalt, Makita, Ridgid, Metabo, Porter Cable and the Bosch.

Greg

Comment

• lcm1947
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Austin, Texas
      • BT 3100-1

Stormbringer I emailed you. Thanks I appreciate it.
      May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

• Stormbringer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Floral Park, NY
        • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by lcm1947
        Stormbringer I emailed you. Thanks I appreciate it.
        Sent.

Enjoy,
        Greg

Comment

• maxparot
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
          • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

Originally posted by onedash
          Do Bosch jig saws only take bosch blades? I was told that but was wondering if its still true? or was it just for the older ones?
          Bosch jigsaws only take t shank blades. These are often though of as Bosch blades (they did pioneer their use) T shank blades are available from many manufacturers these day. In fact they are more common than straight shank jigsaw blades.
          Opinions are like gas;
          I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• drumpriest
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2004
            • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
            • Powermatic PM 2000

You know, I'm sure that you could use other blades, but the bosch blades are quite nice. I've got my dad using them on his non-bosch jigsaw, and they make a big difference.

I have the bosch 1587 top handle, and love it.
            Keith Z. Leonard
            Go Steelers!

Comment

• JimD
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2003
              • Lexington, SC.

I have a Bosch barrell grip which I love. I have fairly large hands (I can barely palm a basketball). If you have large hands, I think you might like the barrell grip. I would try to find a store that has it before buying, however. If you hands are average or smaller, you may find it a bit hard to grip. The only top grip saw I have used was an old Skil that did not cut well (my son has it now). It was OK feeling but I like having my hand lower on the tool. I also have the aluminum table for the Bosch and use their anti-chipout plastic inserts for the base when the situation warrants. The other brands look like they have largely caught up to the Bosch on the major features but I think Bosch is still ahead on the little stuff.

People that have never used a good jig saw have been amazed at how quick my Bosch will go through a 4x4. With a sharp blade it is nearly as quick as a circular saw (and with a long enough blade it will go all the way through in one pass).

Jim

Comment

Working...