• Show
Clear All
  • Tamarack
    Established Member
    • Oct 2003
    • Speedwell, TN USA
    • BT3100

Jorgensen ISD bar clamp?

Saw these on Amazon.com, they say they are excellent. Does anyone here have any experience with these? I like my Quick-grips, but if these are better I want to know before I buy some more.

Paul in Idaho
  • Tom Hintz
    • Feb 2004
    • Concord, NC, USA.

I recently reviewed the Jorgensen ISD clamps and was very impressed with how they work and how they are made. Jorgensen gets less respect than they deserve in the clamping world. We just finished reviewing their Cabinet Master clamps that are every bit as good as the "red ones" but are made in the USA and priced at least competitively.
    See the link below for the ISD review.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews...sdclmprvu.html
    Tom Hintz
    NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• mater
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • SC, USA.

That was an exellent review Tom. Thanks for it.
      Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by Tom Hintz

I recently reviewed the Jorgensen ISD clamps and was very impressed with how they work and how they are made. Jorgensen gets less respect than they deserve in the clamping world. We just finished reviewing their Cabinet Master clamps that are every bit as good as the "red ones" but are made in the USA and priced at least competitively.

Good review, Tom.

The one-handed clamps are clearly aimed at a market segment that has rightly been dominated by the Quick Grip clamps from Irwin. I really like those.

So how do the orange one-hand clamps stack up against the black and blue and yellow one-hand clamps?

Same, better, worse?

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Tom Hintz
          • Feb 2004
          • Concord, NC, USA.

quote:Originally posted by LCHIEN

quote:Originally posted by Tom Hintz

Good review, Tom.

The one-handed clamps are clearly aimed at a market segment that has rightly been dominated by the Quick Grip clamps from Irwin. I really like those.

So how do the orange one-hand clamps stack up against the black and blue and yellow one-hand clamps?

Same, better, worse?

I like the Jorgensen better though I have both brands in the shop. The Jorgensen feel easier to use, the release is certainly better and for some reason I am not exactly sure of, the Jorgensen seem to deflect less when tightened down a bunch though that is not a common situation for this style of clamp.
          Tom Hintz
          NewWoodworker.com LLC

Comment

• Tamarack
            Established Member
            • Oct 2003
            • Speedwell, TN USA
            • BT3100

quote:Originally posted by jxyoung

Craftsman micro torque wrench $26 off. Now $48. 9/16 to 9/18
            I would consider something else.
            These do not have lifetime warranty, Husky@HD,and HF ones do. I have both and the Husky is better in 1/2" drive size due to 250

Comment

Working...