Clear All
  • spelljammer
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2012
    • Martinsville, Indiana
    • Ryobi BT3100

A posting question...

Hello everyone!

I am relatively new to this forum. First I want to thank you all for a lot of great information! Here is my question: It says that I may NOT post attachments. What do I have to do to be allowed to post attachments?

I have a BT3000SX tablesaw that my wife got me for Christmas back in 1999. However, because of a move, it was never opened and was in storage for 13 years. So, I have a brand-new 13 year-old tablesaw and I thought you all would get a kick out of seeing some shots of the assembly process.

As of today, I have sent a couple of inquiries to the "Contact Us" link- the second of which I sent this morning. If this ends up getting posted, I would appreciate any help. My email address is: spelljammer69athotmail.com

Thanks a heap! -Mark
    Last edited by spelljammer; 02-11-2013, 12:54 AM. Reason: I put down the wrong saw model and dates and altering email!
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Your post count has to go up. This stops spammers from posting right away.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

Welcome Mark. The site has as LinuxRandal mentions post count requirements before features become available. You already made it over the first hurdle which was 5 approved posts. At the pace you are posting replies you will unlock all the free stuff quickly.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• BobSch
        • Aug 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Mark, You might want to edit your original post to obscure your email (unless you like getting spam!) Change the @ to "at" or something similar. Spammers love to use bots to cruise boards looking for in-the-clear email addys.

Just a hint.
        Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Mark, I took the liberty of sending you my BT3 FAQ since you posted your e-mail address here.

I do wonder, however, BT3100 were introduced in 2002ish so you can't have a BT3100 made in 1997 that's 15-years old. Probably a BT3000, No? Introduced in 1992-3 and manufactured until 2002. There's a date code on your machine and the FAQ, among other things tells how to read it.

The very first thing I would do if it were a BT3000 is to lube the shims, because not having moved for 15 years the lube might have dried and you don't want to seize and lose your shims on first crank of the elevation wheel!

You might spend some time reading the FAQ before going too far, its got 20 years of BT3 wisdom in it. There one part called the top five things a newbie breaks on a BT3...
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-10-2013, 05:09 PM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Originally posted by spelljammer
            So, I have a brand-new 15 year-old tablesaw and I thought you all would get a kick out of seeing some shots of the assembly process.
            That's a very nice gesture, thank you.

Comment

• spelljammer
              Forum Newbie
              • Jun 2012
              • Martinsville, Indiana
              • Ryobi BT3100

Post Edit

Hello again!

Thanks to all for the welcome and the information. Special thanks to LCHIEN for the great pdf! I figured out that I have a BT3000SX, made the 31st week of 1999. That's what I get for posting in the wee hours of the morning and relying on my memory!

I have to tell you all that I feel really lucky to have found this forum. It has the best/most information I have been able to find in one spot!

Thanks! -Mark

Comment

Working...