• Show
Clear All
  • woodturner
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

ignore list question

Is there a setting to not show posts from people on our ignore lists at all? The default on the new system seems to be to display a line that "this users posts are hidden because they are on your ignore list". My question is whether there is a setting in this software to just make the posts completely hidden, so we see nothing for those on our ignore lists.

Thanks.

wt
    --------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by woodturner
    Is there a setting to not show posts from people on our ignore lists at all? The default on the new system seems to be to display a line that "this users posts are hidden because they are on your ignore list". My question is whether there is a setting in this software to just make the posts completely hidden, so we see nothing for those on our ignore lists.

Thanks.

wt
    Tapatalk makes them completely disappear.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• woodturner
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Western Pennsylvania
      • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
      Tapatalk makes them completely disappear.
      Thanks for the suggestion. Wasn't familiar with that app, just searched for it. It appears it only runs on phones and tablets - is that correct? I normally use a PC.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

That is correct. If you're mobile, it's a great app.
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

I don't know if I would put a member on 'ignore'. I wouldn't want to miss any of the entertainment that is posted, unbelievable as it may be. If a poster doesn't respond to a members' reply, the excuse could be an assumption of being ignored.

I may be wrong, but the poster could still view an ignored post by just logging out and reading the thread.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

What?,Did somebody say something? what did I miss?

Comment

• Stytooner
              Roll Tide RIP Lee
              • Dec 2002
              • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
              • BT3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
              I don't know if I would put a member on 'ignore'. I wouldn't want to miss any of the entertainment that is posted, unbelievable as it may be. If a poster doesn't respond to a members' reply, the excuse could be an assumption of being ignored.

I may be wrong, but the poster could still view an ignored post by just logging out and reading the thread.

The excuse could be that he is doing what was asked of him. I don't know why you would have a problem putting someone on the ignore list, you seem to pretty well ignore moderators suggestions with little trouble.

What you are doing may be funny to you, but after a while, it starts getting stale and childish. It is not conducive to a good community atmosphere that we cherish here.
              It takes a Man to put childish ways aside for the betterment of himself and community. What was once a suggestion is now a plea. Leave the guy alone!
              Post a joke or something woodworking related that we can all benefit from.
              Lee

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

Hey Lee lighten up, Maybe what we really need is a block button instead of ignore, that way your postings are entirely blocked to those who you would chose to not let see your post in the 1st place rather than ignore, which frankly show more immaturity to me than anything else, like water off a ducks back is what I always say, in 1 ear out the other, if the shoe fits wear it is another good one or my Fathers favorite "Time wounds all heels", Frankly scarface I don't give a dang

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2005
                  • Independence, MO, USA.
                  • bt3100

Originally posted by woodturner
                  Thanks for the suggestion. Wasn't familiar with that app, just searched for it. It appears it only runs on phones and tablets - is that correct? I normally use a PC.
                  Browser of choice?

Anyone know what version of the software, this site is currently running? (going to see if I can find an answer, or if there is a browser specific issue)
                  Trying to get back to answering the actual question here.
                  She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• chopnhack
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • Florida
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
                    Browser of choice?

Anyone know what version of the software, this site is currently running? (going to see if I can find an answer, or if there is a browser specific issue)
                    Trying to get back to answering the actual question here.
                    Are you talking about this on the bottom of the screen?