This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

Forum problem..????

Maybe just my computer.. but for several days I will read a thread and back-space to get out and just get a signal that basically the wheels are in motion to do that. Or.. attempt to post and the same thing happens.

It just sits there and after about 3 or 4 minutes I have to just log off in frustration...

Has anyone else encountered this problem? It is not happening on other web-sites or any other normal functions....
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I am getting a lot of occassions when I try and load a thread and it just sits there for minutes. I tried different browsers and also opening other windows and even other threads in other windows and it seems to be limited to BT3central - I'm not really sure yet if all threads are slow or just some, when it occurs.

Happens at work and on different computers at home. Seems like its been happening for a month or two now.

It's not just your computer.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

I have recently run into a couple similar episodes, or those where my browser says "Waiting for www.bt3central.com" or "Waiting for www.assoc.amazon.com". When these things are happening, I have no problem navigating to or using other sites, so the problem must be localized to this forum. I think I remember Sam mentioning something not long ago about preps being made for a few hardware/software updates, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Comment

• Crash2510
        • Feb 2006
        • North Central Ohio

i've also been experiencing this problem just have to hit refresh a couple times then its ok for awhile

hopefully its just in the midst of being upgraded
        Phil In Ohio
        The basement woodworker

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

Yep. This morning around 7 or 7:30 CST I came very close to forgetting about the forum for today. It was real s-l-o-w. Been having a problem for a while.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• MilDoc

Ive never had it take minutes to do anything, but sometimes close to a minute.

I have noticed that when an Amazon ad is loading at the top of the psge it is ofetn the slowest.

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Crash2510
              i've also been experiencing this problem just have to hit refresh a couple times then its ok for awhile

hopefully its just in the midst of being upgraded

Ditto, ended up reposting some stuff this way
              I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Thanks for the vote of sanity (well. my wife voted naa on that one..) as it again has been contained to BT3 for me. It's done various little oddities and shows that it's trying to go to what was directed.. it's just having a hard time getting there. On several occasions.. I patienty went and got a cup of coffee where there would be a 4-5 minute lapse.

On those occasions (last nigth was particulary bad).. I just logged off as I have much to do just about always. Today there has been no problem at all which is the first time in a week or so when all went smooth... go figure!

Again... thanks for the input on what you guys are encountering.

Regards...

Comment

Working...