• Show
Clear All
  • Iansaws
    Established Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Marietta, Ga
    • Ryobi BT3100

Posting question

I have been trying to post some pics of my shop and have not met with any success. Is there a trick to this and is there a "how-to" on the website somewhere? I hate to sound like a forum newbie, but that is what I am anyway.
    I feel more like I do today than I did yesterday...
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

there are a couple of ways but the easiset is to post a picture directly attached to the post.

If you start a post there are "additional options" below, you need to use manage attachments. If you reply to a post then you need to use "go advanced" to see the additional options.

One you see the "additional options" below the text entry area, then click "manage" attachments" under attach files.
    A new window will pop up with a number of spaces for Upload files from your computer. Use the browse button to select one or more images from your computer and and then click upload to send those files.
    A few caveats: The files should be in JPEG, otherwise there's too many restrictions. It also is best if you reduce the picture size to around 640x480 or even 400x300 or so (many camera now take pictures with default sizes of 3000 x 2000 pixels which are too slow and space consuming and can't be easily viewed in full - not reader friendly).

The window will indicate they are uploaded successfully and you will see them as attachments when you preview your post.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• footprintsinconc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
      • BT3100

its actually pretty easy. after you have typed what ever you want, just click on the paper clip at the top (next to the happy face) and dialogue box will pop up and you can browse to the files on your computer or paste a web address in the section below it, then click on the button "upload". there is a size limit of the files that you post, and that is given at the bottom of that dialogue box that pops up (just scroll down). hope this helps. thats basically it. not sure what you are having trouble with in particular.

Comment

• RayintheUK
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Have a look here for a tutorial with pics. HTH

Ray.
        Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• Iansaws
          Established Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Marietta, Ga
          • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks to all responders for the great advice

It seems I was using files that were far too large. I was finally able to post the pics of my new shop...although it doesn't seemed to have peaked anyone's interest nearly as much as it has mine. Maybe the pics are bad. Surely its not the shop....Hmmmm
          I feel more like I do today than I did yesterday...

Comment

• ryanps
            Forum Newbie
            • Dec 2006
            • Maumee, Ohio
            • ShopFox W1677

You can also check-out this program:
            PIXresizer (just do a Google search on the name).
            It helps you easily reduce the size of your images. I recently used it and ended up with 3 pictures in a recent post. The pictures were not the greatest quality but at least I could get several on there. I often see those posts from that forum member from Poland (believe it is Niki maybe) and his posts always have a ton of pictures (which are very clear) -- I wonder how he does it.
            Regards,
            Ryan

Comment

Working...