• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Another search rant

One member requested the location of a post regarding handwheel (crank) repair. specifically one by Jim Frye using lead shot with epoxy to fill the handle.

It took me like five tries to find it

I finally found this just looking at all posts by Jim Frye (fortunatley he only made 40 posts) dated Dec 2005

During the recent Sears clearance, I picked up a set of two metal handwheels (I don't have the model# in front of me) for a Craftsman saw. They look to be the same size as the BT3100. Is it much trouble to swap them out? I read in the FAQ section about it (very brief) and it sort of sounded like it was not worth it. I don't

Among tries that did not work:

terms "lead shot epoxy" and author Jim Frye
    terms "lead shot epoxy"
    terms "lead shot"

all three of those should have worked looking at the actual text in the post.
    Why didn't they?
    I have done some searches with specific terms that would have been in the post and not located it. This is a specific example where I did find it but search tems that should have worked did not. all other criteria in advanced search wide opn (any date, any forum , etc.)

What's wrong with vBulletin search?
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • Tom Miller
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

I've seen other vBulletin sites that have a "Google Site Search" option in addition to the standard search option that works much (ok, infinitely) better. Is that a possibility here?

Regards,
    Tom

Comment

• jnesmith
      • Jan 2003
      • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Originally posted by Tom Miller
      I've seen other vBulletin sites that have a "Google Site Search" option in addition to the standard search option that works much (ok, infinitely) better. Is that a possibility here?

Regards,
      Tom
      If you have the google toolbar installed, you can use it to search "current site".
      John

Comment

• Tom Miller
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Twin Cities, MN
        • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Originally posted by jnesmith
        If you have the google toolbar installed, you can use it to search "current site".
        Yeah, I wondered about that -- I've been using IE7 lately, and while I have the default search set to use Google, I haven't installed the Google toolbar on this one yet.

I somehow got the impression that this Google interaction with BT3Central was "turned off", though. Is it working for you?

Regards,
        Tom

Comment

Working...