• Show
Clear All
  • Tom in SoCal
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2003
    • USA.
    • Delta Unisaw

I can't attach picturesd to my post!

I just tried to attach 4 pictures to a new post. The system says I am limited to 97kb per attachment. The pictures are 1.3mb. What am I doing wrong???
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Tom in SoCal
    I just tried to attach 4 pictures to a new post. The system says I am limited to 97kb per attachment. The pictures are 1.3mb. What am I doing wrong???
    1.3 megabytes is about 13 times as big as 97 KB.
    You have to reduce the size of the pictures,
    I've explained how to do this before. Here's the part on shrinking your file.
    To get 1.3MB down to <100kbytes you probably need to reduce to 25% or less.

Step 1 - have the picture on your computer. If you took it with a camera with more than 1 mega-pixels it probably needs to be resized. I would suggest editing size with the PAINT.EXE program provided with virtually all Windows computers. found under START-&gt;PROGRAMS-&gt;ACCESSORIES-&gt;PAINT. Open the picture with FILE-&gt;OPEN-&gt;, and view at 100%. Click on IMAGE-&gt;ATTRIBUTES to see how big it is in pixels. Use IMAGE-&gt;STRETCH&SKEW to change the size, I suggest using
    25% or 20% ( 1/4 or 1/5) to get the cleanest resize and a picture size of around 300 to 400 pixels on a side. Use the same Horizontal and vertical stretch. Say the original image was 1600 x 1200 pixels then a 25% reduction in both H&V would give 400x300. The actual picture size will be 1/16th of the original size!
    Don't forget to save it (select JPG as the type) and don't use punctuation or spaces in the name, it's OK on the PC but BT3central doesn't like it. The size savings (your pics should now be under 100K) will allow you to store many pics on the space BT3central has allocated for you as well as make it easy to download and view for others.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Tom in SoCal
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2003
      • USA.
      • Delta Unisaw

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...