• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zootroy
    Established Member
    • Oct 2005
    • Coeur D\'Alene, Idaho.

Arghhhhh! Inserting an image

Are there any FAQs, stickies on inserting an image into a post. This was easy with the old forum software, but I can't seem to find any info on how to do it now. I have images uploaded, how can I link to them?

TIA
    Jason
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

You can't yet, plain and simple, at the present time you'll have to upload pics to each and every post.

oh ..... but we're working on it

HTH

Thom
    p.s. I made this sticky
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

OK, I want to know:
      I have seen several posts with way more than 4 images, like 10 or 12.
      Why am I limited to four images, esp. if they are linked to my personal web space (which takes no forum resources at all)? Who gets to have more than four images?

like this one:
      http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=18941
      is it because he uploaded the images and just the thumbnails are attached?

I find this four image limit somewhat cramps my style. Is there a good reason for it
      or is it just arbitrary and why doesn't it apply to uploaded images/thumbnails?
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-12-2006, 02:25 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

Loring,

If you don't know I certainly can't help you. I look for your answers on things like this. I am doing pretty good to come up with a few pictures that are good enough for people to want to look at them.

Jim

Comment

• Crash2510
          • Feb 2006
          • North Central Ohio

its a pain
          Phil In Ohio
          The basement woodworker

Comment

• bigsteel15
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2006
            • Edmonton, AB
            • Ryobi BT3100

Subject related, can someone clue me in please as to how to get a gif to insert into my signature, like Loring and Thom have done.
            Brian

Welcome to the school of life
            Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

• MilDoc

And I have yet to figure out how to upload 2 or more pics with coments inserted between them. Easy with the old software!

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2006
                • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                • BT3100

sam or any of the mods or incharge:

Are you sure you cant insert images and picutres? i have seen so many post that have them inserted. infact, if my memory serves me right (once in while ), i saw a post the other day, and someone had inserted images in the post.

if you are sure you cant insert, why is it not possible anymore? and why is the pdf file size restrict to 19.9kb, it seems a little tooo small.

thanks in advance for taking the time to answer the questions.

regards,

Comment

• leehljp
                  Just me
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Tunica, MS
                  • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
                  sam or any of the mods or incharge:

Are you sure you cant insert images and picutres? i have seen so many post that have them inserted. infact, if my memory serves me right (once in while ), i saw a post the other day, and someone had inserted images in the post.

if you are sure you cant insert, why is it not possible anymore? and why is the pdf file size restrict to 19.9kb, it seems a little tooo small.

thanks in advance for taking the time to answer the questions.

regards,
                  There are three different issues among the different posts above, all seemingly mixed together by some.
                  You can insert images and pictures into posts, But . . .

UPLOADING IMAGES through a hosting site:
                  1. You must upload them to a image hosting website and then post the link here in this manner in the post;
                  [ img] www . link here - must end in .jpg [ /img]
                  but without the spaces. This will cause the image to show up, not the actual link. *

IMAGES HOSTED on BT3 Central:
                  2. One question delt with uploading the pictures to the BT3Central site itself which I don't think is able to be done at the moment - (I think, not totally sure.)

THREE IMAGES limitation:
                  3. There is (was?/still is?) a limit to three images/photo's per post, but a few people are able to get around this. I/We don't know why. I cannot do more than three myself.

Not sure about the PDF.

* Some people post a "link" to a photo or set of photos, - so instead of letting the images show up here, you click on the link to go to their site. THIS leads me to a related subject but is close to hijacking the thread:

Just Note on posting short URLS (related to "link" above.)

HAVE you ever wondered how some people post a single word or words like "Click Here" and have that show up instead of the whole long link? Copy and past this:
                  [URL="replace this"]Click here![ /URL]

Instead of the words 'replace this', post the link/URL; leave the quotation marks; take out the space between [ and / in [ /URL] above. You can change "click here" to what ever you want to show up.
                  Last edited by leehljp; 03-01-2007, 10:48 PM.
                  Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Thom2
                    • Jan 2003
                    • Stevens, PA, USA.
                    • Craftsman 22124

psssst ... guys ..... check the dates on the previous posts

Comment

• leehljp
                      Just me
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Tunica, MS
                      • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Thom2
                      psssst ... guys ..... check the dates on the previous posts
                      DUHH! I just finished a ton of paper work and needed an out! Reading dates was not in my line of site. Apologies!
                      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2006
                        • BT3100

thom,

here is a link to a thread that was started yesterday i believe:

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=28102

it has inserted pictures and attached pictures? am i correct in my observation? does that mean it is possible now?

thanks for clarifying things,

regards,

Comment

• Thom2
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Stevens, PA, USA.
                          • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
                          thom,

here is a link to a thread that was started yesterday i believe:

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=28102

it has inserted pictures and attached pictures? am i correct in my observation? does that mean it is possible now?

thanks for clarifying things,

regards,
                          First of all, please note that this thread we're replying to was started nearly a year ago, a lot has changed since this thread started.

What you're seeing in that thread are both images that are inserted into the post, by pointing to a picture on a hosting site, and links to pictures that exist on Mark's personal site.

Technically, there are no pictures actually "attached" to that post you referenced, as the pictures are not actually stored on BT3Central. However, when you're creating a new post with the advanced editor (not using the quick reply feature) you'll see "Additional Options" and one of the options is to "Attach Files" by using the button labeled "Manage Attachments". When attaching a picture in this manner, that picture is actually stored and hosted on BT3's server and should (correct me if I'm wrong, Sam) stay with that particular post no matter what.

Also added just recently is an option for Patrons Only that allows them access to the "Gallery Area" where they can host their own photo galleries.
                          (I'll be honest that I don't know much about this yet, as I haven't played with it at all).

Hope that clears it up.

Thom
                          Last edited by Thom2; 03-05-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2006
                            • BT3100

Thom, thanks for clearing this up, i understand what is going on now.

regards,

Comment

Working...