• Show
Clear All
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

Deleting topics

I thought there used to be a delete button so the author of a topic could delete said topic if he/she wished. Like if the thread was deteriorating into a flame war (never happens around here)...

Did it vanish someway? Is there anyway to delete a topic once it has been posted?

Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

I have "extra buttons" due to my status as "admin" so I don't know if the topic author gets this one, but I can delete any post I wish using this button:

and any single reply with this button:

Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

I think we non-admin, rank-and-file types get a Delete button on threads we start only if there are no replies yet, and a Delete button only for our own replies to someone else's thread. That is, I think we can always delete our own msgs unless it's the first msg of a thread that already has at least one reply.

Operative phrase in the foregoing is I think.
      Larry

Comment

• jethro
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2003
        • Newark, DE, USA.

Larry, I just checked and that is correct. I just posted a new topic and then deleted it. The dialog that appeared said that topics can be deleted by administrators and moderators at any time, and by original posters only if there have been no replies.

--------------------
        jethro.
        <font size=\"1\">Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. -- <i>Heinlein</i>
        http://www.jeffriegner.com</font id=\"size1\">

Comment

Working...