• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Using Smilies With Firefox

Recenty started running Mozilla Firefox v1.5 and find that when I'm composing a message and try to insert a smilie, let's say right HERE, clicking on the desired smilie causes the cursor to jump to the very end of the text and insert the smilie THERE.

Same thing happens with HTML codes for boldfacing, italics, etc. (I had to manually type in the boldfacing codes in the previous paragraph.)

What's up with this? Some setting I need to change somewhere, maybe?
    Larry
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

well if you find a fix for it, please let me know ... FF has been doing that very same thing to me since I started using it over 2 years ago. It's a little annoying, but it has taught me to learn all the 'typed' shortcuts for smilies [)]
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• BobSch
      • Aug 2004
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

Netscape 7 does the same thing.

Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by BobSch

Netscape 7 does the same thing.

[:0]
        NS 7 does that to me - sometimes. [8D]
        I *think* that it works as you want (inserts at cursor point) during the original composition. But if I go back and edit a post it always wants to insert it at the end of the text no matter where i position the cursor. At least, that's the feeling I get without having gone back and done a lot of testing. [|)]

So I've wrote it, inserted smilies thruout and posted it and now I'm editing. well, it works now. I can't make it insert at the end as I've observed b4.

Well, I wouldn't sweat it [8D], Sam's *threatening* to change the forum software anyway.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...