• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ElRay
    Established Member
    • Jan 2003
    • NoIL

Big pictures and the HTML templates

I know Sam has more important family stuff, but if I don't post now, I'll forget. Is there a way that Sam could tweak the templates so that uploaded pictures have a maximum displayed size? That would solve the side scrolling issue and folks could download ht epicture, or open it in it's own window to view it at the original size.

Ray
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    --- Robert A. Heinlein
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

Ray,

Often times if you click the 'refresh' button, the forum software will autosize the picture like it's supposed to. I've found that it doesn't always work tho'.

I'm sure this issue will be dealt with at a later date tho'

Thom
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Ken Massingale
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Liberty, SC, USA.
      • Ridgid TS3650

I have the same problem, Ray. I'm not complaining at anyone, but the load time won't decrease until the members reduce the size of the pics. I am on dialup, not by choice, and as much as I would like to view everyones posts in Finished Projects, when I click on a topic and a 2400 pixel wide pic starts loading, I bail out. I have limited time presently for keeping up with the Forum, and can't wait 5 minutes for several huge images to load.
      Sorry for the rant, but images can be easily resized to Sam's recommended dimensions.
      ken

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I enjoy looking at pictures and I have hi speed connection, most of the time (But I have looked at the forum from a cornfield in France via bad dialup).

The following post addresses the issue. But the posters have to read it.

http://www.bt3central.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=10780
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...