• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meika123
    • Dec 2002
    • Advance, NC, USA.
    • BT3000

HELP!!!

OK guys-I know I'm an idiot. People tell me so every day.

That being said, I cannot figure what I am doing wrong trying to post pic's. All I can get is a block with a red "X" and a description of what the pic is supposed to show. I'm using IE V.6.
    HELP please.

Dave in NC
    p'oed I am
    Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by meika123

OK guys-I know I'm an idiot. People tell me so every day.

That being said, I cannot figure what I am doing wrong trying to post pic's. All I can get is a block with a red "X" and a description of what the pic is supposed to show. I'm using IE V.6.
    HELP please.

Dave in NC
    p'oed I am
    Same problem that RodK and Pappy had - unusual characters in the file name. You have several periods and an equal sign in both your uploads. Try a simple name like Picture1.jpg (just one period and no other punctuation)

I went to your profile (clicked on your name by your post) went to shared files and clicked on "browse". I saw you have two files uploaded with those convoluted names. I think the killer is the "=" sign. They don't show in the browse thumbnail viewer and the thumbnail shows a truncated name and the red X.

I'll bet if you rename them (You can rename YOUR files from the same point I was at) then they should appear in the browser thuumbnail.

Try something simpler. I'm guessing just one period and no other punctuation is required.

orig. post with Rod and Pappy's problem:
    http://www.bt3central.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=10700
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...