• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Uploaded pictures URL/observations

I posted in another thread/topic/forum concerning use of uploaded pictures, but thought this might be of use/interest to the general group.
    quote:Originally posted by Pappy

I don't know if the new picture upload works on the auctions. I did my auction before it was set up. I used photobucket for the picture.
    quote: reply from Loring

When you store a picture in the BT3 upload area, it gets a real URL.

You can use this URL anywhere in the fourms HTML like you did before (with image tags or hyperlinks). It can also be used anywhere on the Internet. I'm sure you can paste it into e-mail and ebay auctions as well as auctions here.

Here's one (probably of many) ways to get the URL of ANY members pictures:

Go to Members. Locate his profile.
    (or click on his name to the right of any post he made)

On the member's profile page, there's a section "Shared Files"
    Click "Browse" or "View Files Uploaded by (membername)"

When you see the thumbnails, you can navigate thru his pictures. Then
    right click on the thumbnail and select "View Image".
    Netscape users can right-click on the displayed picture and copy File location
    IE users, can right click and select Properties, I think, and then copy and paste the URL from the properties.

So you can upload a picture and then go to your own profile page and thusly get the URL to use elsewhere.

One important note is that all your uploaded pictures are completely available for anyone to browse and view on the internet.
    Unlike private ISP web storage where they are only easily available if you have published the URL previously.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I'll add a caution/request on Sam's behalf. Please don't use the picture storage here for general use. As large as the membership is, it could cut into his available space rapidly. Another thing is that auctions automatically delete after the ending time. Unless you have the pictures posted elsewhere on the site, delete them to make the space available again.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• vrbradley
      Established Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Raytown, Mo, USA.
      • Sears (BT3000)

Has Sam set up any guidelines as to when we should delete pictures. I don't have a problem doing it but what about the thread, what if someone is looking for something and when he finds it the dreaded red "x" appears when he finds the help he needs? I assume when you delete the picture you uploaded the picture disappears from the post...or does it?...just a thought.
      Vaughn \"Brad\" Bradley
      \"Eat an elephant one bite at a time\"

Comment

Working...