Time Standard

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ken Weaver
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • 2417
    • Clemson, SC, USA
    • Rigid TS3650

    #1

    Time Standard

    Sconder -
    What time zone does the forum post? EST, PST, etc.?

    Ken Weaver
    Clemson, SC

    "A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!
  • HarmsWay
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 878
    • Victoria, BC
    • BT3000

    #2
    That would be PST Ken. Good choice Sam.

    Bob

    Comment

    • Ken Massingale
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • 3862
      • Liberty, SC, USA.
      • Ridgid TS3650

      #3
      quote:Originally posted by HarmsWay

      That would be PST Ken. Good choice Sam.

      Bob
      Whaaaaa! Bad choice, Sam. I wanna go back to Eastern, it hurts[xx(] to have to cipher in my head to figure when a post was made. The left coast guys should be use to it..
      ken

      Comment

      • JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • 5636
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

        #4
        Bob
        [/quote]
        The left coast guys should be use to it..
        ken
        [/quote]

        A pet peeve of mine! It irks me that national news guys say "And now, out on the West Coast...". Wrong - I'm not out on the West Coast. You're Back East!

        Recently ESPN had a huge advertisement covering the side of a high-rise building in downtown LA. It mentioned a program and put the time in EST! Doh!

        I guess if this is my biggest worry life is sublime.[8D]

        JR
        JR

        Comment

        • Ken Weaver
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • 2417
          • Clemson, SC, USA
          • Rigid TS3650

          #5
          Jeeez...just a simple question (try and figure things out when you're in Korea or Nam and trying to think what the folks back home are doing...or better yet calculate time of arrival over 13 time zones at 450 knots) I can handle the math - just need to know the start point. Got it! Thanks
          Ken Weaver
          Clemson, SC

          "A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

          Comment

          • JR
            The Full Monte
            • Feb 2004
            • 5636
            • Eugene, OR
            • BT3000

            #6
            I guess I may have to try the decaf from now on.
            JR

            Comment

            • JR
              The Full Monte
              • Feb 2004
              • 5636
              • Eugene, OR
              • BT3000

              #7
              I guess I may have to try the decaf from now on.

              JR
              JR

              Comment

              • meika123
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2002
                • 887
                • Advance, NC, USA.
                • BT3000

                #8
                Hey JR--No fair double-posting to get your post count up quicker.

                IWJT

                Dave in NC
                Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

                Comment

                • 25
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 294
                  • League City, Tx, USA.
                  • BT3100

                  #9
                  Why don't we split the difference and do CST?

                  Comment

                  • LCHIEN
                    Super Moderator
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 22085
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

                    #10
                    quote:Originally posted by Ken Weaver

                    Jeeez...just a simple question (try and figure things out when you're in Korea or Nam and trying to think what the folks back home are doing...or better yet calculate time of arrival over 13 time zones at 450 knots) I can handle the math - just need to know the start point. Got it! Thanks
                    I deal with Indians in Bangalore, India. Beleive it or not, they have "half-hour" wide time zones there. The difference between here and there is 11.5 hours. or is it 12.5 hour... I can never remember.

                    OK, maybe it not 1/2 hour wide, I think maybe they split the differences so the whole country or province is on one time zone rather than 2.

                    Still, it's mind-juggling.


                    And the worst part is, really, that with nearly 12 hours time difference they are never there on regular work hours when we are in the office, e.g. there's no overlap in working hours.

                    Fortunately, as we are the client, they stay late to talk to us first thing in the morning, our time, for the weekly teleconference.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

                    Comment

                    • JR
                      The Full Monte
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 5636
                      • Eugene, OR
                      • BT3000

                      #11
                      Well, now you're onto my other pet peave - foreign workers taking American jobs!

                      <begin rant>
                      <end rant>
                      Nevermind, my opinions are usually based on faulty logic........
                      JR

                      Comment

                      Working...