new title for 2000+ posts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LCHIEN
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2002
    • 22085
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

    #1

    new title for 2000+ posts

    Hmmm, no new title for 2000+ posts?
    finally made it and i'm still just a zealot.

    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • jbalders
    Established Member
    • Oct 2003
    • 298
    • Vienna, VA, USA.
    • BT3100 + Shopsmith

    #2
    Once a zealot, always a zealot.

    Heck, I'm happy I finally made it to Craftsman!

    Jeff
    Jeff

    BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

    Comment

    • tfischer
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • 2349
      • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
      • BT3100

      #3
      quote:Originally posted by LCHIEN

      Hmmm, no new title for 2000+ posts?
      finally made it and i'm still just a zealot.
      OK, I'm just full of dumb questions tonight: Where do these titles show up?

      -Tim

      Comment

      • final_t
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • 1626
        • .

        #4
        if (post_count >= 2000) then title="Needs More Shop Time"

        Comment

        • leehljp
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • 8803
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

          #5
          Hey Loring, Good work is its own reward!

          I noticed that I slipped down a notch to JeffW over the week. Been doing too much traveling and getting ready for an upcoming move too. Might slip a little more.
          Hank Lee

          Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

          Comment

          • RayintheUK
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2003
            • 1792
            • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
            • Ryobi BT3000

            #6
            quote:Originally posted by LCHIEN

            Hmmm, no new title for 2000+ posts?
            finally made it and i'm still just a zealot.
            One definition I've seen of "zealot" is: "One who is zealous, especially excessively so." I can't see how you can be more than zealous, so there really is no point in having yet another title.

            Come to that, what's the point anyway [?] Sam has arranged for the number of posts to be shown below the member's forum name. Isn't the number of posts sort of incidental [?] If the earliest members had posted a one-line welcome to every following new member, then the current member count would make them "Zealots" from doing that alone.

            On the other side of that coin, some members have been around for a lot longer than I have, yet have single-figure post counts. So what [?] The date of joining is also shown with the number of posts, but as the long-time single-figure posters show, that may not be significant either, although it is certainly more interesting.

            To me, this forum is a bit like the Cheers bar for woodworkers (although I don't mean to start another thread in working out who's playing what part!). What I mean is that there are those who are more "talkative" than others and those who contribute more than others [8)] - and that those qualities are not always interlinked. [:0] That's life, here and everywhere else.

            I've never seen the point of having the often-misleading classifications and I would not miss them if they disappeared altogether. [^] JMAO.

            Ray.
            Did I offend you? Click here.

            Comment

            • WayneJ
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2004
              • 785
              • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

              #7
              What keeps count of your posts? I just noticed that my post count has'nt changed since last month.Not that its any big amount,but its not changing.
              Wayne J

              Comment

              • LCHIEN
                Super Moderator
                • Dec 2002
                • 22085
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

                #8
                I was just funnin' y'all.

                I do need more shop time, F.T. - I hate to say it but sometimes this is almost more fun.[]
                and probably I am excessively zealous, Ray - an accurate observation.

                The titles aren't important - we had fun at the beginning just to see what titles would come up at the different levels, if some of you "old-timers" remember.[8D]

                If you want to see the "titles", Tim, click on the "Members" list at the top of the pages.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

                Comment

                • LCHIEN
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 22085
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

                  #9
                  quote:Originally posted by WayneJ

                  What keeps count of your posts? I just noticed that my post count has'nt changed since last month.Not that its any big amount,but its not changing.
                  Maybe you are comparing the count displayed on a new message vs. the count displayed on an old message? Rather than the actual change in post counts over time?

                  Every time a message is displayed, the forum software looks up the "Current" count for the author and displays that number whether the message is old or new and regardless of the author's post count at the time the message was penned.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

                  Comment

                  • JeffW
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 1594
                    • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
                    • BT3100

                    #10
                    quote:Originally posted by RayintheUK


                    To me, this forum is a bit like the Cheers bar for woodworkers (although I don't mean to start another thread in working out who's playing what part!). Ray.
                    If this is Cheers, then I want to be Norm. Too old to be Sam, plus we already have one of those.
                    Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over

                    Comment

                    • Pappy
                      The Full Monte
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 10490
                      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 (x2)

                      #11
                      Guess I will have to be Cliff since I have the uniform!
                      Don, aka Pappy,

                      Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                      Fools because they have to say something.
                      Plato

                      Comment

                      • Otter
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 865
                        • Cumming, GA, USA.
                        • Delta Left Tilt UniSaw

                        #12
                        I am the guy on the floor, passed out


                        beat you to it Thom
                        All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible

                        T.E. Lawrence

                        Comment

                        • meika123
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 887
                          • Advance, NC, USA.
                          • BT3000

                          #13
                          2000!! For Real. I'm having enough trouble getting to "1000".
                          When I reach 1000, I'm gonna do "Snoopydances" all across my monitor screen.

                          Dave in NC
                          Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

                          Comment

                          • Black wallnut
                            cycling to health
                            • Jan 2003
                            • 5513
                            • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                            • BT3k 1999

                            #14
                            quote:Originally posted by meika123

                            2000!! For Real. I'm having enough trouble getting to "1000".
                            When I reach 1000, I'm gonna do "Snoopydances" all across my monitor screen.

                            Dave in NC
                            You and me Brutha.... guess we aren't inflating our post count numbers![)]
                            Donate to my Tour de Cure


                            marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

                            Head servant of the forum

                            ©

                            Comment

                            • VegasDice
                              Established Member
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 472
                              • Las Vegas, NV, USA.

                              #15
                              I have cut down on my posts, because I felt like I was posting just to have a higher #. But good for ya'll



                              Tory

                              Comment

                              Working...