• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Boyd
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Montgomery, Texas, USA.
    • Delta Unisaw

Testing an idea

Just wanted to test an idea about the problem reading posts cut off and noy being able to read all of them.
    My idea is that the tab or enter button needs to be
    punched instead of letting the window automatically
    reset the tab spacing. Just a test [8D]
    Jim in Texas and Sicko Ryobi Cult Member ©
  • Jim Boyd
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Delta Unisaw

quote:Originally posted by Jim Boyd

Just wanted to test an idea about the problem reading posts cut off and noy being able to read all of them.
    My idea is that the tab or enter button needs to be
    punched instead of letting the window automatically
    reset the tab spacing. Just a test [8D]
    Sam, when I was reading the bargin alerts post on
    ear muffs I noticed that all of the posts could be
    seen except the one by jackellis. In my test post above
    I can see up to the r in "read". The rest of it
    I can read because I hit the tab key and started a
    new line. Any ideas about what I can change on my end?

Comment

• Jim Boyd
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Delta Unisaw

Ok I went into preferences and changed the font size to 10. Boy do I need glasses now[)]

Comment

• Ehrnam45
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2003
        • Grand Rapids, MI, USA.
        • BT3100

Jim- what is your screen resolution set to? If you're still running at 640x480 or even 800x600, you could be squashing the parts of the web page by not having room for them to be "seen" by your browser. Umm, depending on your operating system, there should be a "display settings" in/near the control panel. Try turning the resolution up to 1024x768 or higher. If you've got a 15" or smaller monitor, stick to 800x600. I've got a 17" running at 1100-ish by 900-ish, and don't have much of a problem reading the fonts.

The other thing would be to make sure of which resolution you are composing your messages in. If you turn it all the way up (1024x768 I think), but your screen resolution is smaller, it will push the edges of the text box way off the right edge of the screen.

HTH

Big ROg
        Big Rog

Comment

• Jim Boyd
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Delta Unisaw

quote:Originally posted by Ehrnam45

Jim- what is your screen resolution set to? If you're still running at 640x480 or even 800x600, you could be squashing the parts of the web page by not having room for them to be "seen" by your browser. Umm, depending on your operating system, there should be a "display settings" in/near the control panel. Try turning the resolution up to 1024x768 or higher. If you've got a 15" or smaller monitor, stick to 800x600. I've got a 17" running at 1100-ish by 900-ish, and don't have much of a problem reading the fonts.

The other thing would be to make sure of which resolution you are composing your messages in. If you turn it all the way up (1024x768 I think), but your screen resolution is smaller, it will push the edges of the text box way off the right edge of the screen.

HTH

Big ROg
          That works better[:I] My screen resolution was at 800x600 on a 20" monitor. At 1024x768 with the font sizes enlarged I can read the posts. Could one person posting in one resolution affect someone else reading their posts? On my previous settings I could read some posts and not others all under the same thread. Plus it did not start till Sam started screwing with things

Comment

• Ehrnam45
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2003
            • Grand Rapids, MI, USA.
            • BT3100

20"!?!? Yow! I would be at 1600x1200 in a heartbeat! Makes it easier to do CAD and such for designing projects.

As far as the posts go, there is an option to set the width when posting, and that could have some effect on where the line wraps and paragraphs end up... Sam might know more since he is into the nuts and boltz of the forum. [:P]

Big Rog
            Big Rog

Comment

• Carlos
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I'm using 1400x1050 on my notebook's LCD, and it's about perfect. 800x600 on a 20" monitor must have inch-high letters!

The quandary this month is whether to buy a new notebook with a 1600x1200 screen or more woodworking tools...

Comment

• Woodnut
                • Sep 2003
                • Modesto, CA, USA.
                • BT3000

quote:Originally posted by Carlos

I'm using 1400x1050 on my notebook's LCD, and it's about perfect. 800x600 on a 20" monitor must have inch-high letters!

The quandary this month is whether to buy a new notebook with a 1600x1200 screen or more woodworking tools...
                Carlos,

Maybe you can combine the two...

http://www.mystique.net/amish.html
                Woodnut
                "I should know better, but where's the fun in that?!"

Comment

Working...