X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim-Iowa
    • Mar 2005
    • Colfax, Iowa, USA.

Hmm Road Construction? Here it is Mosquito Season!!
    At this point it`s close the doors and put a 20" box fan in the window. And keep a botle of repellant on the bench.
    Sanity is just a one trick pony. Being a bit Crazy is a wide open field of opportunity!

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

First things first, I drink plenty of water. When it gets and stays above 80° I turn on the AC. When it's not that hot I open a couple of windows; the breeze takes care of the rest.

If you live where you may have visitors unannounced while you are in the shop leaving a door open may cause an accident. All it takes is one little distraction or getting starteled while your fingers are near the blade and [V] For this reason my door stays shut and the wife and kids know that if they hear a power tool then to knock. Only after I tell them are they allowed to enter.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• rbfunk
        Established Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Garfield, NJ, USA.

OK, I just wimped out at 1:30pm. 88 deg @ 72% RH in the shop, in front of the fan. I'm packing it in till sundown.
        Tomorrow is supposed to hotter!
        The real pain is my wife is away so this week was supposed to be all shop time!
        Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we are all hopped up on caffine.

Comment

• milanuk
          Established Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Wenatchee, WA, USA.

So far I've gotten away w/ just having a fan in the shop... one of those oscillating floor fans. This one has a remote, which is kind of nice as I can turn it up or off from across the room; I do other things, like reloading in portions of that room and air currents from the fan play **** w/ the very sensitive scales. The rest of the time, just having moving air to help the ole built-in body cooling system work properly does wonders. I'd have to A/C it down into the low 60's to compensate otherwise.

YMMV,

Monte
          All right, breaks over. Back on your heads!

Comment

• Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

I adjust either the AC unit at the front of the shop, or the one at the back end. ;&gt
            k

Comment

• autiger1
              • Jan 2003
              • Tampa, Florida, USA.

I have a window A/C unit. There are numerous ways to cool the shop...what's your budget???

Tom

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Independence, MO, USA.
                • bt3100

I haven't got a/c yet. I use box fans with furnace fitlers to catch the airborne dust.
                She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• gtokarski
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Dublin, CA USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3100

I live in Las Vegas and I'm starting to setup shop, its a slow process because i don't get a lot of time off. The garage started as bare studs and cathedral ceilings. i added R13 fiberglass (thats the best i found, is there anything better that will fit inside a 2x4 framed wall?)insulation to the walls and some solid foam to the metal garage door. that helped quite a bit (10 degree drop in temps) i also have a box fan that moves some air around. The real problem is there are no roof vents in the garage and no insulation on the ceiling so hot air just collects. I still have to put up drywall to cover the insulation and do something about the ceiling. I like the ceiling fan idea, for some reason it never crossed my mind to put on in the garage. I was gona do an AC unit in there eventually.

Comment

• Pa-Paw
                    Forum Newbie
                    • May 2005
                    • Lake Dallas, Texas, USA.

I have a box fan mounted in a window. I’ll turn it around and let it suck out when using the router close by. Other than that I only have an old attic fan that I’ve mounted in a roll-a-round cage. It moves a lot of air so I have to roll it to the overhead door and suck air through the windows. The temperature has been averaging around 99 degrees lately, so I quite the shop after lunch. Man I really need an air-conditioner. One of those motel units would be great. That would give me heat in the winter and cooling in the summer.

Comment

• pierhogunn
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2003
                      • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

I bet you could pick one up from a local heating and air place at a reasonable price, maybe even free perhaps?

Dan
                      It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• Pa-Paw
                        Forum Newbie
                        • May 2005

quote:Originally posted by pierhogunn

I bet you could pick one up from a local heating and air place at a reasonable price, maybe even free perhaps?

Dan
                        I'm all for free. I'd even settle for a 220 window unit, but a motel type unit would be my rathers.

Comment

• Luckbox
                          Established Member
                          • Nov 2003
                          • Holly Springs, NC

Well this weekend it was 93, with 90% relitive humidty and a heat index of 103. Got to love the humidity. I just had the side door open and the garage door open with one little fan. I just get use to sweating and make sure I drink I ton of water. I think I might splurge and get a bigger, stonger fan, but outside of that I have no options, and more than likely it is only going to get hotter.
                          I love lamp.

Comment

• Pa-Paw
                            Forum Newbie
                            • May 2005

quote:Originally posted by Luckbox

Well this weekend it was 93, with 90% relitive humidty and a heat index of 103. Got to love the humidity. I just had the side door open and the garage door open with one little fan. I just get use to sweating and make sure I drink I ton of water. I think I might splurge and get a bigger, stonger fan, but outside of that I have no options, and more than likely it is only going to get hotter.
                            You are making me feel cooler by the minute. 90% relative humidity, wow! It's 10:30 P.M. here in north Texas and the temperature has dropped all the way down to 83%. The problem is that I become very sleepy, at about this time.

Comment

Working...