Clear All
  • GrumpyDad
    Established Member
    • Jul 2020
    • Midwest
    • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

Attractive - but is it functional?

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/tl...386007521.html

I like the look of it. Yet do not think it would work that great for a woodworker.
    Last edited by GrumpyDad; 09-27-2021, 12:35 PM.
    Harumpf!
    GrumpyDad
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

For someone in an apartment or someone with a small item hobby, it might work. For someone just starting out, and didn't know what big and powerful tools are, they would probably be in tool heaven.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Personally, no. Odd choice of tools, almost all Ryobi, and a lot of dollars tied up in 80/20 Inc. extrusions used for mounting. A vacuum system that sucks on I don't know what that is attached to huge scoops but then goes to 4" then goes to 2" then to a small shop vac.
      Looks like a guy who researched and bought tools in a catalog and then built this table but never had any actual experience using the tools he mounted.
      One of life's big mistakes, making the bench exactly big enough for the existing tools, allowing no room for expansion or change, and each tool having the same real estate regardless of how much or little the tool is used and how big or small the workpieces are going to be.
      Maybe A table designed by a committee of non users. And judging by the looks of it, not received much use.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-27-2021, 04:07 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...