• Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Today's Shop Shenanigans

First day back in the shop since Father's day because of work, kids, grandkids ...

I managed to accomplish 1 and a half of the things I set out to do. First up. the left and right counters counters for miter station. I was working outside under the deck because of the fumes from the contact cement. I managed to get the first one done and installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2312.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	844672

Name:	IMG_2313.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	844673
    On the second I managed to get the edges on and the glue spread for the laminate, but when I started rolling the laminate into the glue, there was a bump about 5" from the front edge. I very carefully peeled the laminate back towards the bump and with about an inch left to go, the laminate cracked so it is back to the beginning for that counter top. Counting this has a half task completed.

Name:	IMG_2315.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	844674

The other task was upgrading the overarm dust collection for the table saw. I had a homemade version in the past, and bought the Grizzley overarm dust collection rig. I didn't like their blade guard that came with it so upgraded the port size on my Shark Guard to a 3" dust port and got all of that assembled today.

Name:	IMG_2317.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	844675

Chr's