• Show
Clear All
  • 19 Stars
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • Black Mountain, NC
    • 1950's Craftsman, Dewalt

Identifying an old(er) woodworking bench

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191102_151043.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	838437
    Not myself, yet. I'm turning 60 in a couple of weeks, so my clockwork is hopefully good to go for quite a while yet.

But a fellow churchmember finally determined that it was time for both he and his lovely bride to move into a residential nursing home. A downside, besides having to sell their home and its contents, is that he was a lifelong hobbyist woodworker. An mechanical engineer, he piddled around, but made some really nice furniture. Knowing that I'm pretty active in the shop, and am becoming full-time with my impending retirement in a couple of weeks, he asked if I would take care of his baby.

He doesn't remember the brand of bench, as he got it quite some time ago. Solid maple, it weighs at least 200 pounds, and is complete with the bench dogs. My friend added a big bucket drawer underneath many years ago, and as we were loading it he told me to take his cabinet, too.

My question to the collective brainpower here is this...Any idea as to who the maker of this bench was? There is an ID tag inlet into the front, covered over in some sort of yellowed plastic resin, but it's illegible. No other markings anywhere that I saw.

​​​​​ ​​​​​ ​​​​​
    Last edited by 19 Stars; 01-24-2020, 01:34 PM.
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I am unable to see the pictures except for the wall unit. Being old and solid maple, it must be a good one!

However, Welcome to SawdustZone!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• 19 Stars
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2020
      • Black Mountain, NC
      • 1950's Craftsman, Dewalt

Sorry about that, not sure what happened. I can see them just fine on this end, but that might be because I've got them still in the browser cashe...
      Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Nice bench, But I have no idea on old WW equipment.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...