• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Click image for larger version  Name:	29A3759A-5E58-4495-8A2C-1EF1AD44E5B2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	837524My idea of an outfeed table/assembly table is somewhat unique. My shop is an outbuilding 3 car garage with a wall between car 2 and 3, with only one 8’ roll up door centered for Car 1 and 2. I designed it as shop that I could park 1 car in. My table saw sits in the center of car 1 and car 2’s spot so when I want to bring in an automobile, boat or lawmower, I have move the tablesaw and all other Woodworking equipment into car 3’s room. There is enough room but not a lot to spare. If I was to build a table or cabinet large enough for an outfeed table the room would be overflowing. I solved that problem by building a table slightly larger than the tablesaw that had telescoping legs. Each leg has a screw jack from a trailer tongue jack. All I have to do is crank up each leg about 8 inches, roll it on top of the table saw and crank it down on the table saw. The tablesaw with the outfeed table sitting on top roll into the car 3’s room and only take up a bit more room than the tablesaw alone. It only takes a couple of minutes to move the tablesaw, it takes longer to swing the dust collector piping and power cord out of the way. Truthfully it takes longer to move the clutter that has accumulated on the outfeed table and whatever has taken up residence under the outfeed table.

Comment

Working...