• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

You haven't said whether you will air condition or heat your shop, or if your garage door is your air conditioner. I've found that my insulated garage door is the biggest heat / cold loss area in my shop. My east facing garage door is definitely a heat source in the early part of the day. I plan to eventually insulate over the garage door and try to cut out some of the loss. As far as the dust collector location goes concerning the table saw.... I think that we expect too much out of the dust collector. Before I found a permanate location for my delta dust collector I moved it from tool to tool, connecting it with a short hose. At that time I had the delta dust bag and no Thein separator so the suction was as much as the machine was capable of producing. Dust still got by, and install a zero clearance insert and more would get by. I installed and over the blade type dust collection blade guard and some still got by. It takes a LOT of suction to pull down 60 mph dust. Now that my dust collector is located in the corner of the shop with a Thein separator, canister filter, 20 feet of overhead piping and several ells dust still gets by. I can't say for a fact it is better or worse but I am glad the noisy beast is in the other room.
    capncarl

Comment

Working...