• Show
Clear All
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Snap Shots/ Storage

Just a few shots of my storage areas. I'm running out of even remotely interesting pics.
    I hope this has been of interest to a few of our members. The series of posts was a idea
    related to member tfischer post about generating interest and posts for our forum.
    This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.

So in no particular order here they are.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

two overhead electric reels, one for air?
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

What are those three black boxes by the garage door?

Comment

• bigstick509
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Macomb, MI, USA.
        • BT3100

Originally posted by atgcpaul
        What are those three black boxes by the garage door?
        They are Whirlpool laundry room storage units. They were made to go between washer and dryer for storage. All steel construction and a retracting round hanging rod for hanging. I got them at Odd Lots a few years ago for $30.00 each.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• bigstick509
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Macomb, MI, USA.
          • BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
          two overhead electric reels, one for air?
          Correct, two electrical and one air. I'd like to run a sub panel to the shop/garage but cost and the fact I can't get LOML onboard have delayed the project. So for now everything is running on existing outlets. To make thing worse the shop/garage is all on one circuit so I have to run dust collection off outlet in the laundry room. A real PITA.

Mike

Comment

• Tom Clark
            Forum Newbie
            • Jul 2007
            • Deming, NM
            • Powermatic 66 w/48" sliding table

Here is an old metal 27 drawer cabinet. It was intended to hold legal size documents. I bought two of them used in an office supply. Very handy around the shop. The other cabinet is used for holding full sheets of emory cloth.
            Attached Files

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Tom Clark
              Here is an old metal 27 drawer cabinet. It was intended to hold legal size documents. I bought two of them used in an office supply. Very handy around the shop. The other cabinet is used for holding full sheets of emory cloth.
              tom, you need a few more grinders, too.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• bigstick509
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Macomb, MI, USA.
                • BT3100

Originally posted by Tom Clark
                Very nice cabinet. I worked for a office supply company for a few years and still have large collection of used drafting trays,file cabinets,desk tops and assorted odds and ends that come in handy. You might have guessed by all the HammerMill box's that I have used for storage.

Mike

Comment

• jabe
                  • Apr 2006
                  • Hilo, Hawaii
                  • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Storage

Storage space is one of our biggest problem we all have. Good Job, very neat, thanks for sharing. I like your cabinet doors, are they alum framed with glass inserts?

Comment

• bigstick509
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Macomb, MI, USA.
                    • BT3100

Originally posted by jabe
                    Storage space is one of our biggest problem we all have. Good Job, very neat, thanks for sharing. I like your cabinet doors, are they alum framed with glass inserts?
                    Glass inserts but painted MDF frames with aluminum pulls.

Mike

Comment

Working...