table saw blade guard dust collection...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

table saw blade guard dust collection...

ghetto version.

i had some 1/2" pipe and fittings laying around and pulled this together in an attempt to get better table top dust collection. my shop vac powers the blade guard dust collection while a 1.5hp DC collects from the cabinet. shop vac and DC are activated automatically with saw activation via daisy chained ivac switches.

pretty it's not but preliminarily it seems to be fairly effective. and when not in use, "folds" out of the way. and with it's two swivel joints, it can be configured to service both of my 10" TSs.
    Attached Files
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Very nice, does Tom Hanks know you found Wilson?

Comment

• JR
      The Full Monte
      • Feb 2004
      • Eugene, OR
      • BT3000

Very clever. I can imagne a couple of uses for a setup like that in my shop.

Do you find it to have "solid" feel when moving it around?

ps There's no shortage of tablesaws in your shop! Are hoarding in case the Sawstop mandate goes through?
      JR

Comment

• greenacres2
        • Dec 2011
        • La Porte, IN
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by JR
        ps There's no shortage of tablesaws in your shop! Are hoarding in case the Sawstop mandate goes through?
        Kind of the woodworker's version of Doomsday Prepper?? I'm training my body to survive on small scraps of lumber and sawdust that i never throw out.

earl

Comment

• toolguy1000
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by JR
          Very clever. I can imagne a couple of uses for a setup like that in my shop.

Do you find it to have "solid" feel when moving it around?

yes, as i snugged up the fittings to where the tapers of the threads fully engaged their mating threads. the arms don't actually move much more than 90* each. just enough to swing over the two emerson built 10" contractor saws. it'd be a little better to use 3/4"pipe and fittings, but i removed a 1/2" gas line from the boiler room and decided to re-purpose that pipe. i've done similar brackets for my shop built air filter and the fan hanging on the front of the tool cabinet in pic 3.

no, but it's nowhere near as crowded as it was in october when my refurbished unisaw was still there (since sold).
          and that little c-man on the wall doesn't really count, does it? i only use it when i'm asked to help out friends. i don't trust their tools, so i bring my own. i was really surprised at how accurate that wall hung POS can be made to cut
          there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• chopnhack
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • Florida
            • Ryobi BT3100

That's really cool toolguy! Very useful and well planned out. Cost is good too! I was wondering why you had a t.s. mounted on the wall - glad you said why it was there, I was having images of a t.s. doing plunge mortises
            I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

ha ha, I only saw two table saws. I thought maybe that thing on the wall was an air conditioner, but it didn't quite look right.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Lonnie in Orlando
                • May 2003
                • Orlando, FL, USA.
                • BT3000

Nice set up.

Here is another above-blade dust collection solution. Not mine. It's a neat idea for attaching the hose to the blade guard. Even so, I get a kick out of it every time I see. it.

- Lonnie
                OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Comment

• atgcpaul
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2003
                  • Maryland
                  • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by Lonnie in Orlando
                  Nice set up.

Here is another above-blade dust collection solution. Not mine. It's a neat idea for attaching the hose to the blade guard. Even so, I get a kick out of it every time I see. it.
                  that is cool but doesn't that guy do any ripping? there's only a foot behind the saw before you hit the wall.

To toolguy, I like that. why are the TS perpendicular to each other?

Comment

• chopnhack
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • Florida
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Very creative! My first thought was how the peanut butter must trap all the dust, but would make the blade too sticky
                    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• toolguy1000
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by atgcpaul
                      .......To toolguy, I like that. why are the TS perpendicular to each other?
                      with a 12' X 20' shop, space is at a premium. the ridgid is for ripping and stows against the rear wall under the RAS table extension. the souped up c-man stays where it is and is for crosscutting. the c-man is also the outfeed table for the ridgid and i can rip 8' lengths (including sheet goods) with the garage door closed.

Comment

Working...