• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Tomorrow's the big day...

The permits are pulled, the power company, electrician and city inspector are all scheduled. Tomorrow at 8:00 A.M. we are scheduled to begin work on replacing / upgrading the main panel, and adding the sub and circuits for the shop.

If all goes as the electrician claims, by 5:00 P.M. tomorrow, I should be sitting pretty with a brand new main and sub panels, and a fully powered shop. Woo Hoo I can run my dust collector, AND the tools that need it at the same time, and gee, maybe even run the air conditioner! (Life is good!).

The next installment of my story after I gloat about this one a bit, is as I go about insulating and re-sheet rocking the entire shop, and get things hung back up, and then the bad part (boo!) the freezer has to move in there... A deal is a deal after all, and I promised my lovely wife I would move the freezer in there if I could get the sub panel done... Actually I kind of like it... "Gee dear, I HAD to complete the insulation project, you know to keep the freezer from getting too hot and working itself to death!"
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Excited for you man. Living vicariously through your progress.

I'll be freezing my butt off this winter while I revamp.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• BadeMillsap
      • Dec 2005
      • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
      • Grizzly G1023SL

I know how you feel ... I'm SUPPOSED to get main panel and meter loop installed next week ... this whole 'electricity' ordeal is like pulling teeth!

ENJOY!!!!
      "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
      Bade Millsap
      Bulverde, Texas
      => Bade's Personal Web Log
      => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

I didn't have to wait too long after moving into this house before I had a sub installed in the shop and had it wired. You will LOVE it--especially having AC in the summer.

Comment

• Skaning
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2010

This might be late BUT

If the freezer is going in the garage, try and get it on it's own appliance circuit and try to get it without a gfci. Around here if you go with a single outlet rather than a duplex and it's obviously a single purpose fixture they will allow it. Reason is simple. Gfci's can be overly sensitive. You don't want that freezer losing power. When they wired mine up originally they had EVERYTHNING on one GFCI. All outlets, the garage door, water softener, outside receptacles Unfortunately the GFCI was behind the freezer. One of the outside receptacles would occasionally pop the gfci in very heavy windblown rain (since fixed). Needless to say, heading out and not being able to get garage door open and realizing the freezer had been off for who knows how long did not make one happy. At least when the garage door wouldn't work we knew it had popped.

Jut a suggestion from experience.

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

The freezer circuit is the original in the garage. Its the same circuit the bathroom lights are on... The electrician is here and man are they fast!
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...