• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

How I solved the plane storage problem.

Simply rearranged things in my clamshell cabinets. Have I mentioned how roomy these things are? Oh and used some good ol 3M Super 77 spray adhesive to hold the felt down. Now my planes, and most importantly, the blade edges live on a nice cushy bed of heavy felt...

Gluing up and smoothing the felt on the movable shelves.

The planes all nestled up nicely where they belong. You can see the bottom felt isn't as smooth as the others. I left that one to float. I figure if I had trouble ungluing from the shelves no biggie, new ones are two cuts, but the main section is a problem...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Nice idea - I could get some felt too.

Thanks for the post!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Sorry about the pool table.

Looks good, that was just the first thing that came to mind.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

Good idea DB, another added benefit is that the felt will absorb some of the (insert lube or wax you use) and aid in preventing rust on the sole. Good job!
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

Working...