• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Need A Couple Dimensions, Please

Right now my tools are shoehorned into a mini-warehouse and not readily accessible. For shop planning purposes, I need two dimensions, if someone would be so kind:

BT3100 with splayed-leg stand: Overall height of the stand, not including casters, and not including the saw itself

Ridgid oscillating belt/spindle sander: Overall height of the unit, to the top of the belt or spindle. Since it oscillates, a measurement at the top of the stroke would be best, if possible

I have the plan-view dimensions for both of these, but not the verticals. Many thanks to anyone who can help!
    Larry
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I can try to get those to you this evening... Assuming I can get out to the shop... Feeling pretty lousy today...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Larry,

A quick and dirty measurement gets the stand at 24-5/8", and the sander at 18-3/4" The stand is levelled and does tend to vary up / down +/-1/2", the sander was measured at the top of the stroke....
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LarryG
        The Full Monte
        • May 2004
        • Off The Back

Thank you, Dave. Quick-and-dirty is fine because even that tells me that what I was thinking of doing won't work. Idea was to put casters on a spare BT3100 stand that I have, put the sander atop it, and park it under the wing of a 42" high CMS bench. Your dimensions plus the casters would total nearly 48". So it's back to the drawing board ... er, I mean, DataCAD.
        Larry

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

FWIW, I doubt you would want the sander that low anyway. Kind of a pain to work with...

Comment

• LarryG
            The Full Monte
            • May 2004
            • Off The Back

Originally posted by dbhost
            FWIW, I doubt you would want the sander that low anyway. Kind of a pain to work with...
            Moot point now but, yeah, it would have been a little low. The niche where the sander stores would have been 40" high (actually 40.5", but I'm throwing away that extra half-inch, for clearance) which after allowing for the height of the belt/spindle would have put the sander's table around 35" off the floor. That's lower than the 38"-39" I would consider ideal, but I figured I could live with it.

Although I'll now have to find another place to park the sander, this does allow me to revert to my original plan of putting some nice big drawers under the CMS wing, for general storage. I hated to lose those, and now I won't have to.
            Larry

Comment

Working...