Recycling a kitty litter tub so that I can breathe easier.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by pelligrini
    Check around for a place that sells raw leather. I picked up a gallon sized ziplock bag of scraps for just a few bucks when I was doing my bench build. I intended on doing leather vise liners. They also make good strops, clamp pads, etc.
    You'd be shocked if you see what comes up when you Google "leather sales"...

LOML is making me take her to Jo Ann Fabrics this weekend, I might check there. Doesn't have to be leather. Heavy canvas could work too!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by liftoff621@hotmail.com
      Looks great. Sorry for the late reply. I made mine out of a plastic container from Target when my kitty litter container wouldn't fit around the big Hitachi router. I have a hole on the other side which provides air as well access to change speeds. Along with above the table dust collection, this set up works well.
      Which Hitachi do you have? Mine is a KM12VC and there are no fit problems. Mind you, my cat litter tub is the BIG one that came from Sams Club a couple of years ago. They switched to bags. I don't recall what brand, but some laundry soap is now coming in the same tub, just a different label... Again, at Sams Club...

I assume by plastic container, you mean like a storage tote? I'd love to see pics of your make up air hole(s)...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by dbhost
        You'd be shocked if you see what comes up when you Google "leather sales"...

LOML is making me take her to Jo Ann Fabrics this weekend, I might check there. Doesn't have to be leather. Heavy canvas could work too!
        Old belts are good sources too. I've got a few that are way too short now, yet I still have delusions of them fitting again...
        Erik

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by pelligrini
          Old belts are good sources too. I've got a few that are way too short now, yet I still have delusions of them fitting again...
          Weight Watchers works... LOML and I have been doing it for a while now. No I am far from skinny still, but I am down a total of 35lbs since I started... Unfortunately I like those leather mesh belts, That just won't do it...

Comment

• liftoff621@hotmail.com
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2005
            • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
            • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by dbhost
            Which Hitachi do you have?
            I assume by plastic container, you mean like a storage tote? I'd love to see pics of your make up air hole(s)...
            I have the Hitachi M12V2. One of its handles has the speed control in it, so I could not take it off. I needed a larger container to cover the router. My plastic container is a storage tote. I used some tape on insulation strips at the top of the container to seal it before attaching it to the bottom of my router table. The handle with the speed control is positioned near the round hole I cut out of the container. You can't see it well in the photo. I just reach in to adjust speeds. This hole serves the make up air.

Sorry for the poor photos. Our card reader broke and I had to use my phone.
            Attached Files

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

Where is that fence from? It looks like an 80/20 extrusion.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• liftoff621@hotmail.com
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2005
                • San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA.
                • Craftsman 22124

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
                Where is that fence from? It looks like an 80/20 extrusion.
                Good eye. This is my homemade fence made from: 80/20 extrusions bought on line from 80/20; a blue Rockler router fence core (the big L bracket); a MDF frame I attach to my table saw fence with Rockler fence clamps; and a glued together dust collection port.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...