• Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
    Good idea, but I am a bit Amish on the garage door thing. No automatic openers. I removed mine 8 years ago. No point in it for me anyway, I haven't been able to get my truck in there since I sold my Ranger...

I am not worried about lifting it up there, it's not THAT heavy, and I can get some help and another ladder. I am mostly worried about how to make the angle that Grizzly suggests...
    Oh No! he makes his 5' bride park outside!

I wonder if Grizzly means anywhere along the circular path of optimal airflow? If that is the case then it's easy to hang it from the rafters. If the angled mount is best for you I would think that a piece of 3/4 ply with the Z brackets bolted on and then the ply screwed or lagged into the rafters at the desired angle would work well. Another option would be to run cable through the ceiling and use crossing 2x4 on the rafters or trusses to support the air cleaner. A squirt of caulking will keep the hole from forever bleeding gypsum dust.

I expect that many would just mount it to where the garage door opener was, because, well.... the outlet is there...

From the manual it looks to be a well made unit and should serve you well.

Bill
    if it was easy you must have left out a step.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Well the mount is in place, simply 2 36" 2x4s screwed straight to the rafters through the drywall... I am going to try to get the air cleaner up there tomorrow...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...