X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salty
    • Feb 2006
    • Akron, Ohio

Help with 2" hose

Hey all. I built a Thien Cyclone Separator for a 5 gal bucket but now I think I need to upgrade to a 2" hose. I see 2" hose at Rockler and Grizzly but I don't know for sure which adapters I need. I would like to buy a 10' section of hose and use a short piece between the separator and the vac and use the rest for connecting to the machinery. I see adapters from 2-1/2" to shop vac but is there a connector to the shop vac for 2". I really don't like the idea of buying a 2" hose with ends and cutting it in 2 pieces.
    TIA
    Salty.

Edit: OK, I think I see now. The shop vac hose is typically 2-1/2" so the adapter mentioned above is what I want and go with the 2.5" hose.
    Right?
    Last edited by Salty; 11-29-2009, 09:49 PM.
    Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The shop vac uses 2.5" O.D. adapters, with a 2.25" ID, and are generally speaking taper fitted.

For my 2.5" system I went with Peachtree 2.5" clear hose, thread in adapters that allegedly did not require hose clamps (LIE), and 2.5" port adapters.

I love the performance of the Thien Cyclone with the shop vac, but would recommend against going with a ducting / blast gate system. It took a while, but air leaks crept into the system, and jams were an almost daily happening after about 6 months.

My Shop Vac / Thien now sit under the extension wing of my table saw, and provide DC to the shark guard, and bench top tools (my workbench is also my outfeed table). I am very happy with this arrangement. My Harbor Freight 2HP dust collector pulls dust from the table saw, drill press, band saw, lathe, and miter saw.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

McMaster Carr is worth checking if you really want 2 inch clear hose. They have a wide variety of all kinds of fasteners, metal, and plastic bits.

Comment

• Salty
        • Feb 2006
        • Akron, Ohio

Thanks all.
        I'll be placing an order soon.

Salty
        Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?

Comment

Working...