• Show
Clear All
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

A MST for my 21829

Nothing fancy - but I have an upcoming project that requires use of a cross-cut sled, so I took some remnants of Incra miter track and reclaimed scrap redwood (old growth, tight rings, very dense), and built this simple unit, which I have finally got around to mounting on my 21829. Made some mounting brackets, and used some of the original large square t-nuts and 5/16 bolts to mount it to the rails at ~1/32in in below height of main table. Tracks are parallel to within 0.003 inch, and parallel to blade within the same. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill in Buena Park; 07-02-2009, 10:05 AM. Reason: (Bolts are 5/16, not 5/8)
    Bill in Buena Park
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Looks good and should be very functional. Added something similar to my table a while ago.
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

That's cool. I did mine with a miter slot, and a T-Track slot and fastened them to the saw rather than the rails. I used to think I would shift the rails on my 21829, but once I added a half rail set I never move them.

How'd you get a hold of a second 21829 accessory table?
      Erik

Comment

• cwithboat
        • Jan 2008
        • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
        • Craftsman Pro 21829

Originally posted by pelligrini

How'd you get a hold of a second 21829 accessory table?
        I bought a second one from Sears on line. Part number is in the manual.
        regards,
        Charlie
        A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
        Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Thanks Joe - I hope it works for my sled. My only question is: is there a benefit to using two miter bars on my sled (being that the two miter bars would only be 1.5in apart), or is one good enough?

Erik, I don't think I'll be moving the rails - after I took the time to get them DNO to use the rule on the rail for my rip fence, I really haven't needed to move them.

And as Charlie indicates, I purchased the second 21829 accessory table from Sears parts. They were not around used when I was looking. That is a must-have for me, because most of the time, I leave the two butted up against the main table just for the extra rip capacity to be available when needed. Also, I have my first acc. table set up with a router (to back up my dedicated router table), and I can put the second acc. table in front to create more table surface for the router when I need it.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

If I did mine again, I'd probably mount it to the rails too.

What did you all pay for the table?

I picked up a few BT accessory tables, and I'll use one or two. I like the 21829 table a little better because it will swap with the SMT, the BT tables are narrower. I can live with the color difference. I still haven't figured out a good use for the miter slots on it. Using it for an occaisional featherboard in a position that my dual slots can't do is about it.
            Erik

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2007
              • Buena Park, CA
              • CM 21829

Since it was new, I believe I paid $70 - painful, but its done, and I rationalize by telling myself that the cast-in router mounting holes would let me set up a third router if I ever needed to have 3 bits set up......right.

I believe the only use for the miter slots on the acc. tables are for use with the router, such as with a miter gauge, or a coping sled that uses a miter bar. If I'm using my coping sled, though, I generally use it on my dedicated router table, so the miter slots on my acc. tables are used primarily to store an extra pencil or a long thin push stick.
              Bill in Buena Park

Comment

Working...