• Show
Clear All
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

A couple melamine fences

I have a couple of projects coming up that required me to build a tall fence for my 21829. I still have melamine leftover from a sheet I used for several other projects, so used it to create a simple tall fence I could mount to my 21829 fence.

Also, I had made a one-piece router fence for my 21829 (since I use this router to supplement my stand-alone router table), but I dropped it the other day, and it broke in half! I was so disturbed, I actually threw it out - and forgot to remove the metal mounting brackets .

So I decide to finally build a taller router fence with simple built-in dust port - out of ... melamine! And I used 3/4in ply for the mounting part.

Both fences mount using the original t-nuts and star knobs (I forstnered in some recesses to accommodate the knobs.)

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Bill in Buena Park
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

nice looking, the little bevel makes a nice framing against the white.
    Might consider beveling the router bit opening, would look good and prevent possible hangup when feeding.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

With a coat of paste wax, you will find these nice and slick.

Jim

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

Cool jig!
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Loring,
          Good suggestion on beveling the outfeed edge of the opening - I did just that, but with a small sanding block to knock down a minimal amount, and it works great.

Jim - I have started using paste wax on all my melamine surfaces (except for the melamine on my RAS table, since I'm not using the RAS for rip cuts), and BOY they get nice and slick!

Chop - never thought I'd make stuff like this - was more inclined to buy it at one time - but i just have caught the bug while just trying to be more creative with my scraps.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• Gary Lange
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2008
            • Nixa, Missouri
            • Grizzly 1023SL

Bill, Those look really nice gonna be a shame to have to use them and get them all dirty and dusty.

Comment

Working...