X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billwheaton
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2009

Glad to hear it! I'm in the midst of making a SCMS stand with rotate out tortion box fence wings. I have the saw itself on able to be stored below in lieu of a 32 x 28 tortion box top blends in with the folded back wings. So when I don't have the saw out, I'll have a nice assembly table. The nice thing is that I can take that tortion box and place it on saw horses if I need to have something lower.

But about half way through, I decided to plywood the inside walls of my shed and wire it and do some other repair work. I'm getting there. Like you I am trying to squeak out every last cubic inch.

As far as level floor goes, my slab is over 50 years old. rock solid and uneven as the day it was poured. I'm thinking of putting in a raised plywood floor while I'm at it.

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by billwheaton
      As far as level floor goes, my slab is over 50 years old. rock solid and uneven as the day it was poured. I'm thinking of putting in a raised plywood floor while I'm at it.
      Not trying to hijack the thread; but you might look into a self leveling, poured in flooring system like Levelrock. http://www.levelrock.com/
      Erik

Comment

• rnelson0
        Established Member
        • Feb 2008
        • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
        • Firestorm FS2500TS

For those interested in a portable table, Wood Magazine Issue #190 has a good plan. Basically it is a collapsible skirt, built to height, and a tabletop with cleats that fit just inside the expanded skirt. I have no idea where to find it on their website (www.woodmagazine.com) but I think I will be building it soon.

Comment

• Roloff
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2009

Try melamine coated MDF. Big sheets are heavy and flat.

Comment

Working...