• Show
Clear All
  • Gary Lange
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2008
    • Nixa, Missouri
    • Grizzly 1023SL

Some additions to my Shop!

Here are some pictures of the outfeed Table and the Phil Thien Mini Separator I built for the shop. The separator works pretty good and will keep the Shop Vac Filter cleaner by catching the sawdust in the separator. I tried it and it works very well as I picked up the sawdust I dumped on the floor that was in the separator like I hoped it would be and the Shop Vac was cleaner. I didn't have it real clean so I think a little dust fell from the filter.

Separator and Vac on little Trailer

Inner Workings of the Separator

Table in Down Position!

View of Table connection to saw!
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Gary,

Nice work, but a piece of experience here, you are gonna want to grow that Thien cyclone to at least a 20 gallon can size. That looks from the pics to be a 10 gallon can, which is good, but you will end up with a full can very fast if you have a planer or jointer...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Gary Lange
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2008
      • Nixa, Missouri
      • Grizzly 1023SL

I just built that to accompany the shop vac and save the filter from clogging. I use it to vac the floors and small projects. I plan on building a large one for the Dust Collector when I get it. Got to practice and play a little first.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

So true...

Okay I gotcha, it makes sense... On the one for the DC, Phil's website has some good examples of units folks have built. I like the externals because they are easier to empty...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

Good job, Gary. Looks like those pieces of shop equipement will serve you well
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• shoottx
            Veteran Member
            • May 2008
            • Plano, Texas
            • BT3000

Very Cool
            Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

Working...