• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Hunter
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Lake Station, IN, USA.
    • BT3000 & BT3100

I use a 50,000-200,000 BTU propane heater. It feeds off of a 100 pound tank. Works great but it does put moisture in the air. I coat my iron with Boeshield T-9 and that solves the problem.
    Last edited by John Hunter; 12-14-2008, 07:15 PM.
    John Hunter

Comment

• kc5lei

I have an older one and it will not lite

Can anyone tell me why one of these heaters will not light . Used it a little last year late in the winter with no problems. Now I cannot get it to light. It was used when I bought it and I did not get a manual .

kc5lei

Comment

• John Hunter
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Lake Station, IN, USA.
        • BT3000 & BT3100

You might be able to find a copy of the manual online.
        John Hunter

Comment

• Whaler
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Sequim, WA, USA.
          • DW746

Originally posted by kc5lei
          Can anyone tell me why one of these heaters will not light . Used it a little last year late in the winter with no problems. Now I cannot get it to light. It was used when I bought it and I did not get a manual .

kc5lei
          Check the wick. If you touch it and don't smell kerosene on your finger it is not soaking from the tank. It may need to be replaced. Are you trying to light it with a match or the built in igniter?
          Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• Schleeper
            Established Member
            • Feb 2008

I picked up a Bionaire space heater at Costco just so I could work out in the garage, but I find I don't need it unless it's below freezing outside (and/or very windy.) The two 500 watt halogen bulbs in the Craftsman shoplight I'm using not only provide the illumination I need, they would probably do a reasonably good job of keeping the fries hot at your local fast food joint.
            "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

• hermit
              Established Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Somerset, PA, USA.

KC..., maybe the safety shut off closed. you know when you move the thing, its spring loaded and snaps shut like a mouse trap. I put radiant heat in my garage floor, and that was supposed to heat the 2nd floor shop, but I've found it wasn't adequate, always too cold, and I didn't want the garage 80 degrees just to get 65 upstairs. I bought one of those 240v 40000 watt electric heaters that are installed in a wall, and it heats the shop very nicely.

Todd

Comment

• kbkreisler
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2008
                • farmington mn
                • ryobi bt3100-1

I had been heating my 3 car garage/shop with a "big Buddy" heater and it worked well to take the chill out when it was 20 ~ 40 degrees outside, but it sure took a while to heat the room enough to ditch the heavy coat, and was not working out too well in the sub zero temps. I just installed a hamilton 75000btu residential garage heater (private labled modine hot dawg heater) and it really works great. I keep the garage at 50 degrees, and when I want to work just bump up the t-stat and it is heated to 70 in minutes without all the moisture from the propane heater was using.
                there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those that dont.

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

I have a nice Lakewood Oil filled electric radiator, takes its sweet time heating the shop up, but it keeps it warm, and it doesn't ram up the heating bill much. Then again, it gets so little use it has a 1" thick layer of sawdust on it right now. (I store it between the oscillating sander and the planer...)
                  Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...