• Show
Clear All
  • Gary Lange
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2008
    • Nixa, Missouri
    • Grizzly 1023SL

My Workshop

Here are some pictures of my workshop which is a work in progress. I have only been waiting 30 years for a place to put one.
    Looking one way!

Looking the other way!

With some tools in place!

Left side of Router Table I built!

Right side

Storage Drawers

Front View

Router Plate from Woodpecker

Drill Press with new Cabinet

Radial Arm Saw and Jigsaw set in place on end wall.

Wall Cabinet waiting for it's doors.

It is a work in progress with a long way to go. I need to get a Dust Collector next really before anything else. Hope you enjoy the pictures. The floor is raise on 2"X4" with two layers of waferboard and topped with 1"X12" number 2 pine boards.
    Last edited by Gary Lange; 11-06-2008, 04:27 PM.
  • RayintheUK
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Aside from being a great shop, it must smell great in there too!

Ray
    Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

I was going to comment that the hallway and door would be a problem geting material and projects in and out but I see the large door to the left rear. Looks like plenty of light and power.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

Good stuff... I like the floor outlets... They'll be handy.

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Welcome Gary and NICE workshop for having to wait 30 years! Enjoy it and share some of the fruits of your work with us here.

I have a router center/table similar to yours and enjoy it immensely!

NIXA - right outside of Springfield. NO WONDER you are green! Be sure to leave your door open for all of us to drop in on you - on our way to Grizzly!
          Last edited by leehljp; 11-03-2008, 07:32 AM.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Daryl
            • May 2004

What are the diminsions of the shop? My eyes were drawn to the floor, did you put blo on it?
            Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• cgallery
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Milwaukee, WI
              • BT3K

Great shop. I love the brightness of the white walls and the natural wood floor. Must be a great shop to work in.

Are you going to build a bench?

Comment

• Gary Lange
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2008
                • Nixa, Missouri
                • Grizzly 1023SL

Hank Lee, you travel all the way from Japan and I will open the doors.

Daryl, the shop is 11' X 18' with the hallway being 4' X 10' and a room off the back that I have 8' X 8'. The lighting is all done by T-8's with a total of 7 in the main room and hall. It is almost like daylight.

Comment

• Whaler
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Sequim, WA, USA.
                  • DW746

That's a great looking shop.
                  Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Gary, very, very nice looking shop. I was blessed with my shop after a 20 year wait, so I guess mine was a bunch shorter than yours! But boy was yours worth the wait! That room looks really small until you see that Grizz in there...

I hadn't seen anybody mention it yet, but that is a nice router station you built for yourself there. Looks like a variation on Nahm's NYW Router Station. (Nahm = Norm Abram, NYW = New Yankee Workshop).

I see you are a newb on BT3Central. Welcome to the humble forum.

Congrats on the shop, and keep watching this forum, lots of good tips and tricks flying around here!
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• shoottx
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2008
                      • Plano, Texas
                      • BT3000

Very Cool

It looks almost like a showroom. Almost to nice to work in. I am sure it will provide many hours of enjoyment. With a shop like that, it would be a great place to just go and sit.
                      Last edited by shoottx; 11-03-2008, 07:30 PM. Reason: bad typing
                      Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• dbhost
                        Slow and steady
                        • Apr 2008
                        • League City, Texas
                        • Ryobi BT3100

Gary,

Since you are in a smaller space than me, space constraints are probably a big concern for you. There have been some VERY good ideas that have come through here...

Bench Top Tool Stand Thread. Alex Franke got the idea from Wood Magazine. Full plans etc... are available at Wood Store.

Flip Top Mobile Tool Base Thread. Has a great flip top cart for benchtop machines. This would be a great setup for say a planer, and Oscillating Sander. Or as the builder of this one did (Poolhound), a benchtop planer.

Remember the walls are your friends. They are for more than hanging posters.

I noticed your classified posting on your 22811, and I must admit a bit of a surprise considering the space you have available that you bumped up to the Grizz cabinet saw. Not that it is necessarily a bad thing. But having used a BT sibling, you know that you are going from one very accurate, flexible table saw to another. What you are gaining in sheer mass is awfully nice though...

BTW, your 22811 pic, if I hadn't seen your workshop pic first, I would have thought it was a Sears promo photo. VERY nice indeed!
                        Last edited by dbhost; 11-03-2008, 05:40 PM.
                        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• leehljp
                          Just me
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Tunica, MS
                          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Gary Lange
                          Hank Lee, you travel all the way from Japan and I will open the doors.

Daryl, the shop is 11' X 18' with the hallway being 4' X 10' and a room off the back that I have 8' X 8'. The lighting is all done by T-8's with a total of 7 in the main room and hall. It is almost like daylight.
                          You have done it now! 2 years 2 months until I return home for retirement near Memphis. Springfield is in my sights too!
                          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Gary Lange
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Nov 2008
                            • Nixa, Missouri
                            • Grizzly 1023SL

DBHost, thanks for the complement on the condition of the saw I have for sale. I bought it to finish some cabinets I was putting in the kitchen of my old house. It is indeed a very accurate saw and never let me down at all. I have seen some of the cabinets you showed in your post and they are all very good ideas. I am sure that as time goes on and I get more organized I will be building some myself. I am waiting on the right time to get the Rotor so I can complete the doors on the wall cabinet I built for the shop. I came after the pictures and was done with the 22811 which did a fine job. I also support a Cobra Bassboat so sometimes money goes there also. My wife says I have to many hobbies but I love to fish and always wanted to teach myself to build some furniture.

Comment

• dbhost
                              Slow and steady
                              • Apr 2008
                              • League City, Texas
                              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Gary Lange
                              DBHost, thanks for the complement on the condition of the saw I have for sale. I bought it to finish some cabinets I was putting in the kitchen of my old house. It is indeed a very accurate saw and never let me down at all. I have seen some of the cabinets you showed in your post and they are all very good ideas. I am sure that as time goes on and I get more organized I will be building some myself. I am waiting on the right time to get the Rotor so I can complete the doors on the wall cabinet I built for the shop. I came after the pictures and was done with the 22811 which did a fine job. I also support a Cobra Bassboat so sometimes money goes there also. My wife says I have to many hobbies but I love to fish and always wanted to teach myself to build some furniture.
                              I know all about the too many hobbies. I am an avid outdoorsman, beer brewer, and Bass player. If I ever won the lotto, I don't think I'd have a hard time keeping busy...

Not much on fishing from a boat though. I prefer casting from a riverside around a bend somewhere up in the mountains... I need a trip out west to get my Rainbow Trout fix taken care of sometime soon... But it's deer season now... And that means I gotta go to West Texas to get some Venison for the freezer...

And while that Grizz is nice, it sure seems a waste to let go of that 22811... That is one mighty fine looking saw...

Comment

Working...