• Show
Clear All
  • pacwind3
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Vancouver, WA
    • Bosch 4100

Bandsaw stand

Does anyone have any ideas for a bandsaw stand? I have a 10" bench top bandsaw and it currently sits on a metal tool stand. Kind of the A frame style where the legs taper inward towards the top. I decided I need a new stand since that is total waisted space below the bandsaw. It needs to be mobile and probably have some drawers. Also, it can't be too heavy.
    I made a three drawer stand on wheels below my drill press, but it weighs quite a bit, mostly because of the drill press though. It's heavy.
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Originally posted by pacwind3
    Does anyone have any ideas for a bandsaw stand? I have a 10" bench top bandsaw and it currently sits on a metal tool stand. Kind of the A frame style where the legs taper inward towards the top. I decided I need a new stand since that is total waisted space below the bandsaw. It needs to be mobile and probably have some drawers. Also, it can't be too heavy.
    I made a three drawer stand on wheels below my drill press, but it weighs quite a bit, mostly because of the drill press though. It's heavy.
    If its on casters does it really matter how heavy it is?
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• jonmulzer
      • Dec 2007
      • Indianapolis, IN

A 5 sided box of appropriate dimensions with a face frame on the front, drawers inside and casters underneath. Put it together with rabbets, dados, glue and screws. It really is that simple. Make it to be what YOU need, not what someone else needs.

I would make the entire thing out of Birch plywood with a doubled up 3/4" MDF top. Look at the stand you have now, is it tall enough? Would you like a couple of inches more height? Then build it to that height. What size drawers would you like? Build them.

When I design shop cabinets (or anything for that matter) I decide on my height first and work down, then my outside dimensions and work in. There would be one small exception here in that you would have to take into account the height of your casters at the same time you account for the thickness of your top.

Stuff like this is only as difficult and as complicated as you wish to make it.
      "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

It sounds like you already have the idea for what you want. Build a carcass with the appropriate dimension, with drawers, or doors or whatnot, and stick some wheels on it... It's up to your imagination, and how much effort you want to put into it. I have tools mounted on those metal stands with a plywood shelf across the spreaders for tool and accessory storage to utilize the space below. I have seen this done a LOT... It all depends on what you want to do, and how you want to do it...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• THyman
          Established Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

I'm about ready to do the same thing as I have a 12" BS that is also on a metal open stand. It's too short so I am raising it up plus it will also be on locking casters. I'm thinking about building face frame on the front and have three drawers that get taller as you go from top to bottom. I'm also going to build a 6" wide full hreight drawer on one side located in the back of the cabinet that will have a couple dowels in it to store BS blades.

I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I ended up buying two sheets of the HD 3/4" cabinet plywood to do it. Probably will only take one sheet so I will have some leftover for the next shop cabinet. I used it before on a drill press table and it has worked very well.

Good luick on yours! If I ever get around to it, i will try to post some photos.
          War Eagle!

Comment

• scmhogg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2003
            • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
            • BT3000

I've had the Delta 10" for several years. I have it mounted on top of a metal cabinet with lots of drawers. The cabinet is 38" high, which puts the BS table at nearly 53" high. I'm 6'2", so the table is just right for me.

Steve
            I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• pacwind3
              Established Member
              • Nov 2006
              • Vancouver, WA
              • Bosch 4100

Considering the amount of different table saw stands I have seen (and built one of them) I thought maybe someone had something cool. My tablesaw stand has built in blade storage, shelving and a cut off bin.
              My brain is going to be spinning on this for awhile. I think I want something to reflect an A-frame style, but with drawers or storage below. Probably made of all wood, has to be on wheels, should have a cut off bin to throw small pieces into, and some type of blade storage, that you can coil up the blades into.

Comment

• jonmulzer
                • Dec 2007
                • Indianapolis, IN

Can you post pictures of the table saw stand? Sounds interesting and there might be some ideas myself and other members could use.

For me, on shop furniture I keep it simple. No a-frames or otherwise. Just boxes. I keep the complicated stuff for the house. Good idea though. It is better to try out complex ideas on shop furniture where mistakes will only bother you when you are in the shop and not everytime you walk into the room.
                "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• pacwind3
                  Established Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • Vancouver, WA
                  • Bosch 4100

It was this one...
                  http://www.plansnowinprint.com/tablesawstand.html

and I bought the plans from them. I have a copy of the plans if needed.

Comment

Working...