• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Shop Tunes

I am on record as being against them, but my wife got me a set of wireless speakers and a dock station for the satellite radio for Christmas. I am just getting around to setting them up. I found out I can't dock the radio directly but the antenna and power cord plug straight into the radio. Last night I did some range finding with the speakers and not only do I have shop tunes but I have pool tunes or shed tunes or....

I can also plug a CD player, MP3, etc into the speakers if I want - anything with RCA or a headset jack. Hmm... I have a spare laptop and a bunch of music on my desktop. Maybe a streaming server is in order?
    Last edited by crokett; 07-25-2008, 09:32 AM.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I don't use any sort of shop tunes while power tools are running, for several reasons, not he least of which is electrical capacity (I still haven't pulled circuits, too hot in my attic right now...). When I am doing assembly, finishing, or just plain old shop cleanup, I typically have my boom box tuned to KSBJ in Houston... I don't think I want to mess with anything as fancy as a streaming server for my shop or anything like that... Just a basic radio is all I need.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• rnelson0
      Established Member
      • Feb 2008
      • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
      • Firestorm FS2500TS

I always have the stereo on, even though half the time I can't hear it over the vacuum/saw/sander/whatever. I know some people who use headphones, but I'm against that (and not just because of dangling cords). I really do need to get a streaming system setup, all my CDs are ripped and I listen to the mp3's on my work laptop, but all I have downstairs is a stereo from 1992. A great stereo, but the single CD in it went belly up more than a decade ago. How am I supposed to listen to Rush now??

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Simple, use the "Spirit of Radio"...

Invisible airwaves crackle with life
        Bright antennas bristle with their energy...

Uh, oops... I am definately showing my age now...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• gsmittle
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2004
          • St. Louis, MO, USA.
          • BT 3100

Originally posted by rnelson0
          A great stereo, but the single CD in it went belly up more than a decade ago. How am I supposed to listen to Rush now??
          If you mean Limbaugh, he's all over the dial. If you mean the Canadian band, I bet cassettes are real cheap.

Fly by night! Aoww!

g.
          Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
          Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...