Clear All
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Pegboard System Wall Storage Solution

Hi All,

Just bought two 4x8 sheets of pegboard and would like to see images of anybody that uses pegboards as their shop wall storage solution.

Thank you in advance!
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I took this down Sunday to hang some cabinets. I will be putting up a larger one tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clamp storage.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	783018

There is/was pegboard on the opposite wall but I don't have a good picture of it. That will also come down for cabinets.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• docrowan
      • Mar 2007
      • New Albany, MS
      • BT3100

These pictures aren't great, but the only ones I have that are handy. I used pegboard to completely line the walls of my prefab shop. So far I've strictly used standard pegboard hooks that came from a variety of places - HF, HD, Wal-Mart, and a few specialty ones from a local hardware store. I'm still organizing and reconfiguring. FIL gave me his old air compressor, so I was rearranging last night to make room for it. I like to have maximum flexibility because I am still acquiring tools, learning skills, and developing new interests.

Name:	01-12-08_1907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	783019

Name:	01-12-08_1906.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	783020
      - Chris.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I've got a single 4x8 peg board over my workbench. So far so good. It gets the stuff off of the nails that were in the wall. (And the wall patched, and etc...

I need more hooks to finish up the project, but I am almost done with it. You know the drill. Never enough timeb or money to do what you need to do...

Anyway, I keep stuff that just doesn't fit elsewhere in my peg board. I have lots of tool storage, and little work space. I need to get my lawn & garden gear, as well as my camping and BBQ gear out of my garage, and into a shed that I am still working on designing. A coworker sent me a plan for a small garden shed that is close, but needs to be about twice as long. (6x2 instead of 6x12). I also need to get the boat out of the garage. Not sure what to do with that though. I don't want to pay $100.00 storage for a $500.00 canoe...

I digress though. I need to get some new batteries for my camera on the way home from work today. I will try to grab some pics and post them.
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2006
          • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
          • BT3100

Don,

how did you attach the wood hangers that hold the clamps to the peg board? secondly, is there a gap between the peg board and the drywall behind? lastly, how is the peg board then anchored into the wall?

thanks!

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Not sure if this will allow me to link to other ww forums, but here goes nothing. MODS, please gently correct me if I am violating some sort of rule, I am trying to save storage space on YOUR servers...

It's not pretty, but that is what I have set up for peg board so far. I ran out of peg hooks and need to order more. (See the posting on stupid question about peg board hooks, that was me). By the way, that white Melamine thing with the pine sides are the infeed / outfeed tables for my AP1301 planer. I am not 100% done with them though. I need to build / install nose caps. I might just leave it bare since the only reason I put the sides on it was to keep stock from sliding off the sides...

I need to get my tripod in the shop and retake this pic. But that is my clamp storage. Simple 2x2 bars routed out to look pretty, cut to 32" and mounted on stand off blocks of cut off 2x4 scrap. (To be disassembled at a later time, routed to match the bars, and stained as well).

The gold paint was when I got the stupid idea to take a grill off of a stripper model truck and paint it to match the King Ranch model. It didn't work. I still have my stocker on...

The piles of boxes and stuff are due to a fairly recent marriage. My wife and I are dilligently trying to blend two well established households and it has been a bumpy ride...

Those blue plastic storage bins have been great for storing junk like spare staples for the T-50, box cutters, carpenters pencils etc...
            Last edited by dbhost; 06-05-2008, 11:05 PM.
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• billwmeyer
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2003
              • Weir, Ks, USA.
              • BT3000

Omar,
              The way I attach pegboard is to first make a frame out of 1x2"s then attach the pegboard to it. I then screw the frame into the studs top and bottom. The frame makes a gap between the pegboard and the wall to accomodate the peg hooks.

The cheapest place I have found to buy peghooks is Big Lots/ Odd Lots stores.

Bill
              "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• Pappy
                The Full Monte
                • Dec 2002
                • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by footprintsinconc
                Don,

how did you attach the wood hangers that hold the clamps to the peg board? secondly, is there a gap between the peg board and the drywall behind? lastly, how is the peg board then anchored into the wall?

thanks!
                The pegboard is set in a rabetted frame that is screwed to the wall. The hangar brackets are held with screws and plastic drywall anchors. I did have a couple of them pull out so when it goes back up I am going to use 1" Molley screws.
                Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                Fools because they have to say something.
                Plato

Comment

• docrowan
                  • Mar 2007
                  • New Albany, MS
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by billwmeyer
                  The cheapest place I have found to buy peghooks is Big Lots/ Odd Lots stores.

Bill
                  I happened by a Big Lots store on Saturday and looked around for some hooks. Found a great selection for very little cost. What I like most was the small package quantities. I could buy just the hooks I needed without a lot of extra that I'd have to figure out what to do with.
                  - Chris.

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

How is it possible to end up with extra peg hooks? That just means you need more peg board...

Comment

Working...